Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

EcoTech & Quality Control

Nick Kohrn

Firstly, I want to say that EcoTech's customer has been very helpful and has resolved all of my equipment issues, but I need to vent a little.

Within two months:

My RMS had defective screw holes, causing the light to fall off of the mount. Luckily, the tank was empty. They sent me a replacement after I sent them a video of the issue.

Again, I had to call customer service to have them reset my Radion remotely because I couldn't get it to turn on. Then, I had the same issue again, and they sent me replacement.

Next, I put the wireless chip into my current VorTech driver and as I opened it up, one of the wires came out of the harness, rendering the pump useless. This was moreso my fault, but I was bummed that I couldn't fix it and had to be sent a replacement.

Finally, today I received another VorTech from a separate order, and the power supply fails. It keeps turning on and off no matter what I try. I know it's the power supply because I tried my current driver's power supply with the new pump and it works. So it looks like I will be calling customer support again on Monday.

I absolutely love my EcoTech products, and I expect them to just work, given their price tags. I don't want to keep going through this with every product that I buy. So far, all four items that I've purchased from them have had to be replaced.

Has anyone else had these issues with any of their products?

They sent you a replacement for a pump you broke? Sounds pretty awesome. lol

Seriously though, that is some shitty luck. At least you didn't buy something with shitty customer service and have unfixed broken products.

I have 3 vortechs from 2011-2012 and they just keep working!

They sent you a replacement for a pump you broke? Sounds pretty awesome. lol

Seriously though, that is some shitty luck. At least you didn't buy something with shitty customer service and have unfixed broken products.

I have 3 vortechs from 2011-2012 and they just keep working!

Yeah, their customer service has been exceptional during all four instances. I just wish that their quality control would be the same as of lately.

I love my vortech pumps. That said when i had a loud mp10 and requested help on another forum Ecotech deleted my post instead of answering my question... Thanks for that top notch customer service ecotech!

Yeah I'm not super sold on their quality price ratio. For instance I bought an MP10 and about 6 months in the ceramic on the shaft just flaked off. One quick call and I had a replacement wetside in a few days, so full points on that end.

Now I suppose that could be from bad alignment, but it was visually lined up very well and was adjusted by noise like they recommend as well. Need to make a little alignment jig :P

Sounds like a run of bad luck.

I've had 3 Mp10's, 3 mp40's, Vectra, and 2 battery backups over the last 5 years and have ever had one pump stop working for any reason and that was due to snail in a wetside that cracked the housing.

Archived