Innovative Marine Aquariums

Starting an IM 20G Nuvo Fusion Golden Dwarf Moray Eel Tank

• 3 years later...

Hi all

I realize this is an old thread but... I picked up a small golden dwarf 3 weeks ago. It is housed in a 32 biocube. I have lots of rock for hiding and feed scallops and octopus every second day. He/ she hates shrimp! I try to hide a few pellets in the lump for a bit of extra nutrition. I also use a long stick with some very sturdy monofilament glued to the end. He takes it like a pro. I rarely see the guy during the day and occasionally I see him out at night. One exceptional thing I found is his color at night under the blue moon lights. The back 2 inches sort of glow an orange color like some of the corals!

I have a bit of a mixed reef tank with lps, clown fish , soon to add an algae blennie (the extra bio lode has caused a bit of an out break) a neon dottyback some softies and mushrooms.

As far as an escape artist goes... I had to retrieve it out of the rear sump once. I also have the 2 Holes in the rear of the lid plugged with some filter floss.  

I had a small segmented blennie in the tank when I introduced the eel and it went missing... he may have been a snack or just got lost , but i have not seen it for a few weeks. 

I have read mixed reviews as far as the tank size goes... everything from 30 gallon to 60 gallon. I think it is quite content in this tank with the ammount of live rock. Although I may look into a skimmer to help deal with the waste. 

20190919_002328.jpg

• Like 1