inTank Media Baskets

Need advice for new nano tank

miggs76

I started off with a biocube about 6 years ago and quickly traded up for a 60 gallon cube. My 3 year old told me she wants a tank for her birthday. Ok, well we all know it will pretty much be dads little nano tank....... My question is, what are the newer AIO nanos that have come out recently. I'm looking for around 5 gallons. I tried to look up PicO reefs but I guess they're not around. I was thinking about the new fluval? Please help me out with some ideas. Thanks!

RayWhisperer

I thought I just saw someone who bought a new Picoreef. Cdelith was a good guy. If Picoreef isn't an option, you could try mikegurrerro. He's a longtime member and has Micro-reef. They are a sponsor here. Beyond that, I think all the other typical aio manufacturers haven't changed much besides lighting.

I thought I just saw someone who bought a new Picoreef. Cdelith was a good guy. If Picoreef isn't an option, you could try mikegurrerro. He's a longtime member and has Micro-reef. They are a sponsor here. Beyond that, I think all the other typical aio manufacturers haven't changed much besides lighting.

What is the picoreef website???
Cencalfishguy56

What is the picoreef website???

pretty sure pico reef went out of business, I know there are still a few of their aquariums floating around on here tho

pretty sure pico reef went out of business, I know there are still a few of their aquariums floating around on here tho

That's what I thought. Any suggestions on a small AIO nano? I could do lighting on my own. Just want something that has chambers to do some filtration like a biocube (but I don't want a biocube)
RayWhisperer

I don't remember the Picoreef website. Cdelith was a member here, and did picoreefs as a part time business. So, even though he may not be active now, he may start again later in the year. I really don't know if he's still doing it, at all. Like I said, it was part time, so he only took orders during the slower months of his regular job.

If you want something now, mike is your guy. Micro-reef has some really nice aio's.

http://micro-reefs.com/store/c4/Aquariums_%28Tropical%29.html

I

I don't remember the Picoreef website. Cdelith was a member here, and did picoreefs as a part time business. So, even though he may not be active now, he may start again later in the year. I really don't know if he's still doing it, at all. Like I said, it was part time, so he only took orders during the slower months of his regular job.

If you want something now, mike is your guy. Micro-reef has some really nice aio's.
http://micro-reefs.com/store/c4/Aquariums_%28Tropical%29.html

I saw them, they look very nice. I'm not sure if I want to go acrylic though.

masterbuilder

Been there done that.

Might consider getting a tank that she can unwrap followed by a trip to Petsmart or your LFS so she can pick out some cute fish from the freshwater section. Kids love those, they are pretty tough and the tank care is minimal. Mistakes, like whole can of food or Barbie going for a swim are easily recovered from and the costs are low.

In a few weeks or so the tank will be no fun and it will be time for something else...like a puppy, next is a pony, then its boys. Thats the way it works. Get used to it.

p.s. what the deal with girls and horses?

Dad will be taking care of the tank. I have a 60 gallon all acro tank, so it won't be much of a problem. She will simply be feeding the fish each evening

Archived