Pod Your Reef

Has anyone ordered from Aquarium Depot?

William

I know they used to be "Reefs2go", but has anyone ordered from them recently? It has been three years since I have ordered from them.

Cencalfishguy56

I know they used to be "Reefs2go", but has anyone ordered from them recently? It has been three years since I have ordered from them.

i thought about ordering copepods from them but that's about it, idk I've given it a thought once or twice about coral lol

i thought about ordering copepods from them but that's about it, idk I've given it a thought once or twice about coral lol

They have a 50% off sale that caught my eye, especially now that my cycle is over

Just don't.

I mean, it could go well. But it could also not. If you're okay with higher odds of your order going wrong and putting up with 'enh' customer service, or things coming in with obvious parasites or disease or pests or without healing properly? Maybe it's an order you don't particularly care about, it just happened to be cheap (snails, pods, etc), or something along those lines, and you have a quarantine tank ready? Sure.

I've gotten stuff from them before, years ago. Like my pair of clowns (the smaller one was bullied enough to jump out of the tank after my lid shattered months later, but that's besides the point and the other is still terrorizing my tank), some zoas that were still thriving on my rocks until I got new ones for the recent transfer, etc.

On the other hand, the clowns were shipped way too small to be safe. I fattened them up with frequent feedings, but they had no reserves to counter when I went on vacation and my roommates didn't so much as step in to feed them, and had HLLE by the time I got back. That took months to correct. It's years later and the female is 1.75", tops.

One of the zoas was a single polyp, and was shipped with some kind of parasite inside the polyp. Needless to say, it didn't make it.

A clump of ulva came in with a zoa spider and three or four aiptasia on/in it, that was promptly thrown out.

So if you're going to go for it anyway, go for very low-risk items that you're confident will survive some abuse until they get to you.

Cencalfishguy56

Just don't.

I mean, it could go well. But it could also not. If you're okay with higher odds of your order going wrong and putting up with 'enh' customer service, or things coming in with obvious parasites or disease or pests or without healing properly? Maybe it's an order you don't particularly care about, it just happened to be cheap (snails, pods, etc), or something along those lines, and you have a quarantine tank ready? Sure.

I've gotten stuff from them before, years ago. Like my pair of clowns (the smaller one was bullied enough to jump out of the tank after my lid shattered months later, but that's besides the point and the other is still terrorizing my tank), some zoas that were still thriving on my rocks until I got new ones for the recent transfer, etc.

On the other hand, the clowns were shipped way too small to be safe. I fattened them up with frequent feedings, but they had no reserves to counter when I went on vacation and my roommates didn't so much as step in to feed them, and had HLLE by the time I got back. That took months to correct. It's years later and the female is 1.75", tops.

One of the zoas was a single polyp, and was shipped with some kind of parasite inside the polyp. Needless to say, it didn't make it.

A clump of ulva came in with a zoa spider and three or four aiptasia on/in it, that was promptly thrown out.

So if you're going to go for it anyway, go for very low-risk items that you're confident will survive some abuse until they get to you.

this pretty much makes up your mind for you lol

this pretty much makes up your mind for you lol

Thanks for the advice, I'll prob get my gorgonia from KP aquatics instead

Right, I totally forgot to mention that the smaller clown came in with a crooked/warped fin and a slightly warped jaw - super duper sad to begin with. ;~;

Thanks for the advice, I'll prob get my gorgonia from KP aquatics instead

Always happy ordering from KP Aquatics, my go to place for Ricordia's, although I have never ordered Gorgs. from them.

Archived