SaltCritters.com

Australians of Nano-Reef

NaCl H2O

G'day, just thought I'd start a thread for any Aussies seeking some local advice.

I have a few questions about reef-keeping in Australia:

1. Where do you get your aquarium equipments, gadgets, supplements, food, test kits from? LFS or online retailer?
  2. For those in Sydney, do you have an LFS (or LFSs) that you can speak highly of (for expert advice and good lifestock range?
  3. And something relating from question 2, any LFS you would suggest to avoid, possibly due to bad personal experiences?

There are a few good online retailers for dry goods and quite a few for live goods also.

My personal favorites are:

Guppy's Aquarium Products = These guys have everything from top quality to china fantastic, they also sell bulk dosing powders. Pretty fast freight though, can be on the expensive side sometimes.

Age of Aquariums = Good range, can be a bit pricey sometimes.

Aquatic Supplies = Good range, cheap freight on small items.

Majestic Aquariums = Good range, have a retail store in NSW also.

I also use eBay a fair bit and a lot of low urgency and low cost items I buy from overseas.

For retail stores, I'm in SA so it probably doesn't help you but I use Marine Plus and Elite Fish pretty much exclusively.

For live stock, if I need/want to order online it is pretty much always Oceanarium but I have heard that Reef Secrets are pretty good also (they do dry goods as well but they are pricey).

I have had a few bad experiences with eBay stores within Aus so I make sure I avoid them if looking for stuff but generally, the LFS's I have visited know what they are talking about and don't try to lead you astray.

Welcome and agree with RollaJase on the above stores. There's a few more I'd recommend.

LFS in Sydney I highly recommend are Something Fishy in Hoxton Park, Eastwood Aquariums in Eastwood and Aquaristic in Beaconsfield (they have an online store too).

pappadumplingz

Whats good homies

Welcome and agree with RollaJase on the above stores. There's a few more I'd recommend.

LFS in Sydney I highly recommend are Something Fishy in Hoxton Park, Eastwood Aquariums in Eastwood and Aquaristic in Beaconsfield (they have an online store too).

want to go to something fishy but it is sooo far away! Regular at Eastwood and both the aquaristic stores, which are both fantastic. Also have been to Majestic but it is too far to go on a regular basis. Might have to stop by after soccer this weekend, cause they have some nice trachys in stock. Nice to see some Aussie reefers here. Look's like me and Jase have started the Aussie takeover of nano reef.

Archived