Coral Vue Hydros

5 gallon reef (AIO) :)

kvnsu

Hello, thanks for visiting my journal. I currently have a 5 gallon AIO rimless aquarium! I will be documenting the progress. It has been currently been up for about 2 weeks but the tank has already cycled (thanks to biospira). I do weekly water changes of 50% and am planning on dosing with 2 part using reef fusion. I currently am testing daily for calc+alk to see how much I will need to dose. I can write the numbers down here if anyone is interested. I upgraded the return pump on the tank and suggest doing so if you plan on buying the same tank. The media I'm using is chemi pure elite and filter floss. I plan on doing weekly updates. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Equipment

----------------

-Top fin 5 gallon AIO rimless

-Generic 50 watt heater set at 80

- 117 GPH return pump

- 90 GPH adjustable powerhead/filter

- Wave point HO LED 18 watts

- Hydor ATO

Corals+Livestock

----------------

- Duncan coral

- Purple aussie hammer coral

- Blasto

- Multi colored ricordea

-Kryptonite candy cane

- 5 nerite+1 cerith snail for clean up

- Yellow rose goby (Awaiting LFS to get randalls pistol shrimp)

IMG_1445_zpsknyhz61p.jpg

IMG_1447_zps2phkfglj.jpg

IMG_1446_zpssdsnwljv.jpg

I had this tank set up in my classroom and loved it, but upgraded and now a co-worker has it. Cool to have come across your thread, looks great, and it'll be fun to see what yo do with it!

Quick update: parameters are being okay. Just randomly have the .25 nitrite showing which is odd.. Doing water changes every time I see it. Calcium is a bit low and am dosing with reef fusion 1+2 but doesn't seem to make the calcium go up. Might switch out for a diff calcium supplement. In addition, switched out the return pump for a 40 gph and put in a mp10 along with a randalls pistol shrimp. So far they have not met each other.

This is a pretty cool AIO tank imo. I added 2 float switches to the plastic cover over the AIO false wall for an ato on mine. Just drilled two holes in the cover and mounted. Float switches are at the correct height and it looks factory installed....

Wow an mp10 I would have thought an mp10 would be too much for this tank...

Believe it or not but the mp10 works fine on short pulse mode on power level 1+2. I also do have the hydor ATO for evaporation. Its a near ittle tank!

Archived