Top Shelf Aquatics

Whats your daily dkh comsumption? (Alk)

uwdanno

Interested to hear the dkh consumption rates of your tank. Mine is getting pretty high and I'd like to see where others are at.

Please list:

Tank size (gallons)

Tank age

Coral Focus (SPS dominate, Mixed, LPS dominate, Clam etc..)

dkh consumption/day

Include a FTS if you'd like

My stats:

20 gallons

15 months

SPS dominate w/ Clam

3.75dkh/day

DSC_0246.jpg

tank looks great ! I think I am in the 1-2 range, test kits I own leave me skeptical. Mostly LPS and some SPS sticks that are just starting to encrust. Ill be honest I am fairly lazy with the testing but do w/c every 5 days which seems to be keeping things relatively in check

tank looks great ! I think I am in the 1-2 range, test kits I own leave me skeptical. Mostly LPS and some SPS sticks that are just starting to encrust. Ill be honest I am fairly lazy with the testing but do w/c every 5 days which seems to be keeping things relatively in check

Thanks. I'm not a big fan of testing either but my SPS are taking of like crazy and I have to up my doser to keep up. I was shocked to see I was at 3.75/day. It shot up fast once things settled in.

I transferred everyone into a Fusion 20 around mid-June, and my corals aren't all that huge but there is a small maxima in there. Consumption is currently sitting around .5dKH if phosphates are low enough for calcification.

I transferred everyone into a Fusion 20 around mid-June, and my corals aren't all that huge but there is a small maxima in there. Consumption is currently sitting around .5dKH if phosphates are low enough for calcification.

Thanks for sharing.My phosphates hang around .02-.05 depending on if I am running GFO or not.

I've been following your transfer. Good stuff.

Thanks for sharing.My phosphates hang around .02-.05 depending on if I am running GFO or not.

I've been following your transfer. Good stuff.

Aww, thanks! Wish me luck?

My phosphates hang at .08ppm if I didn't horrendously overfeed the previous day. Initially it was at .93ppm (ouch), but now when I overfeed it maxes out around .3X ppm. Progress, right? Nothing seems to be suffering, just a pause in growth (and alk consumption) and no color loss, so I'm taking the transition to lower nutrients nice and slow.

Elizabeth94

Looooking reeaaaaal good in there uwdanno! Thats a lot of alk consumption, you are certainly getting growth.

My transfer just happened a couple weeks ago, so things are still settling in. I am seeing about 1dkh a day. Currently starting off dosing slowly, about 6ml a day to see if that can keep up. I like to keep my alk at about 8.5-9.

Does anyone else need to dilute their Alk? I find that when I dose it straight form the bottle it precipitates, but if I dilute it with RO water it goes in just fine. I threw away my Cal and Mg test the other day, so I am not too sure where those stand, but I am doing my old doses when I had my fusion 10.

Archived