Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fluval edge lighting help. Ai or fluval mounting

Hunt3r

Guys im a little torn with the lighting for fluval. Heres the thing i have fluval edge 6 all stock with led. My live stocks are duncan, blasto, gsp, montipora, plate corals. They seems to be fine i guess right now. But im still planning to add frogspawn and a hammer, acans soon. As for the light im in a budget $100-130. I dont want to do so much diy to ruin the looks of the edge. Im looking to upgrade it with fluval edge 12g led light because its a straight swap worth $50. Fluval sea nano halo 25000k worth 110. But im also looking at the ai prine i know this will be the best but im not sure how to put it it on the edge dont want to mount it without the hood. And that will put me on a ramen diet for months?.. Any input is fine also if someone have ai and the fluval halo on their edge let me know how you put it. Thanks

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys im a little torn with the lighting for fluval. Heres the thing i have fluval edge 6 all stock with led. My live stocks are duncan, blasto, gsp, montipora, plate corals. They seems to be fine i guess right now. But im still planning to add frogspawn and a hammer, acans soon. As for the light im in a budget $100-130. I dont want to do so much diy to ruin the looks of the edge. Im looking to upgrade it with fluval edge 12g led light because its a straight swap worth $50. Fluval sea nano halo 25000k worth 110. But im also looking at the ai prine i know this will be the best but im not sure how to put it it on the edge dont want to mount it without the hood. And that will put me on a ramen diet for months?.. Any input is fine also if someone have ai and the fluval halo on their edge let me know how you put it. Thanks

How is your GSP doing with the stock light? Any growth?

How is your GSP doing with the stock light? Any growth?

This was my second gsp as the first one didnt made the trip. A little to none. Just open and close with lights open. I went with ai prime now and everything starts to grow now. I have a tiny frag of birdsnest now starting to branch out.

This one is expensive lol but meant for your tank i believe and uses the Nano Box Array. If i had a fluval edge id probably go with this lol.

that thing is expensive. And they only made it for the 12g. Its nice though making the tank i guess an aio tankbut here is my tank now.

3CCEF7B1-E5B1-4ACB-9E27-6AE4E0CC10AF_zps

There are still some dark spot because of shallowness and a little bit of tall aquascape. After new batch of acans come in im going to lay flat the left lr then have the branch lr covered with blue sympodium and gsp.

• 1 year later...

I am setting up the 6 gallon edge  reef.

I have a twelve gallon fresh water edge and I took the HOB off and am running a small Eheim canister filter. Have fresh water shrimp and small guppies in it. I Have a nice aqua scape scene in it.

I am just about a week into cycling the 6g. The question I have is the lighting. it has the LED with i think 21 lights.

My 12 g has the 42 light bar, any thoughts  on this light for the 6 gallon. 

Then fluval has has the sea and reef marine nano light ?

I am still searching I saw the AI primer,  not sure it will cover the whole tank it leaves the corners dark 

17 hours ago, HuntBchSoCal said:

I am setting up the 6 gallon edge  reef.

I have a twelve gallon fresh water edge and I took the HOB off and am running a small Eheim canister filter. Have fresh water shrimp and small guppies in it. I Have a nice aqua scape scene in it.

I am just about a week into cycling the 6g. The question I have is the lighting. it has the LED with i think 21 lights.

My 12 g has the 42 light bar, any thoughts  on this light for the 6 gallon. 

Then fluval has has the sea and reef marine nano light ?

I am still searching I saw the AI primer,  not sure it will cover the whole tank it leaves the corners dark 

The fluval lights aren't great.

An Ai Prime on a 6g is more than plenty.