Coral Vue Hydros

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Got a lyretail anthias and a couple of zoa frags today.

31518942073_71c769b66f_h.jpg

31489385874_d53f900264_h.jpg

One of the new zoas is behind the purple gorg. I accidentally dropped it on the floor about five minutes before taking this pic and the polyps (which are YUUUGGE) were already open.

32181484022_2cb1be15a2_h.jpg

32292696536_1697f95202_h.jpg

• Like 7
jedimasterben

So I let a coworker's daughter name the new anthias. She decided on Princess. Afterwards, I was like well I guess it's too late to mention that he's a dude :lol:

32316934976_c8b6c4a7eb_h.jpg

This fish is also stupid. When I fed some frozen food tonight, the waspfish grabbed a big mouthful that it couldn't swallow all at once. The anthias literally started hovering around it looking at the food sticking out of the waspfish's mouth. I've never seen the waspfish be aggressive, but it puffed up, stuck its spines out, and then kind of pushed its face into the sand. It was NOT having it.

32317079916_e6207eed44_h.jpg

I didn't know I had any asterina stars left, but I found two today!!

32205906762_b06b90b948_h.jpg

I still think these are Zoanthus gigantus, but damn they're only getting bigger!

31513747124_781a8a386e_h.jpg

I also bought a fancy drone on Saturday, the Xiaomi Mi Drone. Shipped today, should be here in about two weeks.

• Like 7
jedimasterben

Your toadstool is badass. Mine hasnt opened in a few days. Any tips?

Perfectly normal. You will see it get super shiny and then that shiny layer will peel off and it will start opening back up, they do that every few weeks to every few months :)
  • Like 1

Perfectly normal. You will see it get super shiny and then that shiny layer will peel off and it will start opening back up, they do that every few weeks to every few months :)

Wonderful news :) thanks

And sometimes they stay closed a lot longer. I had one open this week that has been closed up for literally 3 months.

Your toadstool is badass. Mine hasnt opened in a few days. Any tips?

• Like 1
jedimasterben

And sometimes they stay closed a lot longer. I had one open this week that has been closed up for literally 3 months.

Shit, accidentally deleted my post. I had one closed up before for about that long, but I think it just didn't like my 40g setup, as when I switched to this tank it started opening up. Then again, it is only open every other week or so, it sheds the rest of the time lol

Shit, accidentally deleted my post. I had one closed up before for about that long, but I think it just didn't like my 40g setup, as when I switched to this tank it started opening up. Then again, it is only open every other week or so, it sheds the rest of the time lol

Fingers crossed mine is staying open so far. Of course now ill have to move it and piss it off again because i had put it in a corner thinking it was going to die. It looked like a grey turd for way too long to leave it front and center...lol
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

Fingers crossed mine is staying open so far. Of course now ill have to move it and piss it off again because i had put it in a corner thinking it was going to die. It looked like a grey turd for way too long to leave it front and center...lol

:lol:

I'm still not that big of a fan of the Phoenix. I've had a couple of leathers lose a touch of color coming from the Radium, but I'm not sure whether it's due to less light (though I did what I could to match PAR between the two) or less total blue light (but I am also getting significant blue light from the LED strips now that they're lower to the water).

jedimasterben

Aaaand the Phoenix is out lol. First pic is the Phoenix 150w and two LED strips (running about 65 watts worth), the second is a single Ethereal at 100% on all channels except the warm white, which is at 80%. Camera was set to full manual and settings are the same.

31533945724_4f4233f5dd_o.jpg

32226442352_cf5e50c4a9_o.jpg

And yes, the glass is dirty as shit in both :)

• Like 9

I have no idea what you are doing or did with the lighting but I like the second pic coloring best. Although your leathers are sure fluffier in the first :wub:.

giphy.gif
  • Like 6
jedimasterben

I have no idea what you are doing or did with the lighting but I like the second pic coloring best. Although your leathers are sure fluffier in the first :wub:.

The second pic was after I'd taken down the halide and put the ethereal up, took about 20 minutes or so so corals started closing up for the night, or so they thought lol

The anthias look so much better in the second pic. Any reason why you picked a male on purpose? It looks awesome, just wondering.

I like them and they had a small one and it was cheap :D

Oh yeah.........just cause fluffy

giphy.gif

yissssss
  • Like 2
jedimasterben

Tanks looking great. I like the pic of with the etheral instead, a lot more pop.

Me too. A bit much on the shadowing from the single fixture, but I like the color better, and PAR is similar between the two. Now that I have pH monitoring, I can sorta gauge photosynthetic efficiency with it, we'll see what pH does during the day now.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

So back to LEDs then huh?

That was the plan, yes. Unless they were just too awesome to pass up, but let's be honest that wasn't all that likely :)

• Like 1

The second pic was after I'd taken down the halide and put the ethereal up, took about 20 minutes or so so corals started closing up for the night, or so they thought lol

Got it! I didn't realize it was halide v. LED. By those pics, LED wins for sure IMO :).