Cultivated Reef

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Blurry FTS, had just cleaned the glass and fed some golden pearls. You can see the helfrichi on the bottom left near the back :)

30592909236_2b9cd24e4f_b.jpg

I also put the Tunze 6045 back in. The LPS seem to be a bit happier and the flow seems to look good.

peekaboo.

29997306194_2cea0dfc18_b.jpg

29997357694_1b5f256af0_b.jpg

• Like 10
jedimasterben

So with feeding more and more golden pearls, and with getting some PE mysis pellets, the fish are more active, and the helfrichi firefish is staying out and about and very rarely hiding, even when I go up to the tank and my dopey face is smushed up against the glass to see everything lol.

• Like 7
jedimasterben

AAaaaaand the other one died today while I was at work. WTF. Every other fish in the tank is swimming around (or in their hole) and accounted for.

Marc.The.Shark

AAaaaaand the other one died today while I was at work. WTF. Every other fish in the tank is swimming around (or in their hole) and accounted for.

WTF? You've been having shit luck with fish lately. Time for a turn around! Play them some soft music once in a while.

• Like 1

Damn that sucks :(

jedimasterben

WTF? You've been having shit luck with fish lately. Time for a turn around! Play them some soft music once in a while.

:lol:

Nah, they can handle rock and roll! :P

I did take the time to scrape the glass (so simple now with the Flipper, I should have gotten one a couple years ago) and blew some junk off the rocks, though there really wasn't much for having not done that since I first set up the tank. Put in a half teaspoon of calcium carbonate powder to clear it up a bit and then left to go get Ellie.

Some new stuff is coming next week. I asked for a refund from Fishbit. Their timeline slipped from August release to a December release, and they ran into more delays so at this point they need a few weeks to establish a new timeline.

I bought an Apex Classic from ngvu1, and got lab grade double junction pH and ORP probes on the way from BRS.

The Coral Box Pump Extender battery backup arrived today (much smaller than I expected), and the IceCap battery backup and some other Coralvue goodies will arrive next week some time. I don't think I'll have any time to set anything up though, as I will be leaving on Friday for a few days in Georgia. Well, kind of Georgia, kind of Tennessee, basically straddling the line lol. Gonna make sure to visit the Georgia Aquarium while up there.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

I never had any luck with Anthias or Chromis. Other than that is the coral still doing good?

The five chromis I got with the anthias are all doing great lol

Corals are all great. The smattering of zoas I got from Salt critters are all alive and well, and I've seen minor growth on them, too, so maybe I can keep zoas now instead of just palys! :D

Also my wife just informed me that we apparently are not going to Georgia lol

• Like 4
jedimasterben

I never had any luck with Anthias or Chromis. Other than that is the coral still doing good?

Also lawn, you'll really like the secret stuff coming :D

• Like 1