inTank Media Baskets

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

TIMED TOPOFF

I'm going to preach it until I get more converts. :) Of course there's still a chance the controller gets stuck and keeps the outlet on, but I think the chance is much less. That and you can protect any topoff with a PH meter and shut it down if PH rises too high. I have mine cut out and it stays off for 8 hours, long enough for me to get home and see wth happened.

Controllers really are worth every $ put into them.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

TIMED TOPOFF

I'm going to preach it until I get more converts. :) Of course there's still a chance the controller gets stuck and keeps the outlet on, but I think the chance is much less. That and you can protect any topoff with a PH meter and shut it down if PH rises too high. I have mine cut out and it stays off for 8 hours, long enough for me to get home and see wth happened.

Controllers really are worth every $ put into them.

I'm right there with you, mark. If the damned Fishbit ever gets released that is what I'm going to do, using an APT peristaltic pump (same brand used in BRS' 'Drew's Doser' pump). The SmartATO is only on there because I didn't have much other choice, so tired of manually doing it :)

• Like 1

I need to see pics of it, too. I saw it once the morning after I put it in, and haven't seen a trace since. Tank is fully covered, too.

I saw DD has a helfrichi listed today in their sneak peek. Too bad I'm not ready for one yet!
jedimasterben

I saw DD has a helfrichi listed today in their sneak peek. Too bad I'm not ready for one yet!

They have them pretty consistently through the year, so by the time you'll be ready they'll have one.

Oh, and ive been meaning to ask, make sure you do a leak test on the new dropoff and measure how much the acrylic bows...

• Like 2

Oh no, that's not good. Doesn't it have any kind of overflow or timeout mechanism? Is your the newer "micro", or the older full size model? I've never had a problem with the micro.

jedimasterben

Oh no, that's not good. Doesn't it have any kind of overflow or timeout mechanism? Is your the newer "micro", or the older full size model? I've never had a problem with the micro.

Mine is the older one. I don't know if it will time out or anything. I just know when i got up the pump's intake was exposed to air and the controller was beeping since it knew there was an error of some kind.

• Like 1

They have them pretty consistently through the year, so by the time you'll be ready they'll have one.

Oh, and ive been meaning to ask, make sure you do a leak test on the new dropoff and measure how much the acrylic bows...

It's been running for a few days now and no leaks. I haven't noticed any bowing. Would it show up right away?
jedimasterben

It's been running for a few days now and no leaks. I haven't noticed any bowing. Would it show up right away?

It would show up within a couple of weeks if the acrylic is stressed. You can check it with a square. Even glass tanks bow a bit, but someone I know has taken theirs down due to it bowing too much for comfort. :mellow:

• Like 3

I have actually heard that it is natural for glass tanks, (especially long ones) to bow a bit. It was in reference to being cautious when you buy a used long tank that was up for a long time because then you risk changing the natural bow that had occurred and a leak or even tank failure could occur.

jedimasterben

I got to see the great white and purple whale tonight - by that I mean the helfrichi firefish :)

It was out of the rock for about 10 seconds or so, it must have known I was looking, because it then turned around like it was looking back at me and then darted back into the rocks. :wacko:

• Like 7
jedimasterben

Well, at least you know it's alive and you didn't just flush a bunch of money down the toilet :lol:

It's from Diver's Den and it's still within the 14 days, I think, so we are good there.

Uhm, also, that reminds me. :/

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?tracknum=1ZE15V48NT00584876

http://wwwapps.ups.com/tracking/tracking.cgi?tracknum=1ZE19W500163295770%20%3B

• Like 3
jedimasterben

What did you order?

Five Chromis viridis, two resplendent anthias, and a red bandtail waspfish (DD). All arrived at normal time, no delay thankfully. :)

• Like 3
jedimasterben

Ahh you were the one who grabed the female ...... congrats, she looked amazing.

Yes but they put up a second one yesterday that was also a female

jedimasterben

I saw, I'm going on vacation Monday, or I would have got it.....

Gotcha. The good thing is that they'll always have more :)

One of my uncles is down for his class reunions (also mine and my mom's are this year, as well), so had breakfast over there today and stayed there til about 20 minutes ago. My tank lights come on at 10, so I missed them coming up, but was able to see 4/5 of the new chromis and both anthias hanging out before they came on. I stopped by my house on the way back into town to check on them and the last chromis was out too. I fed some 300-500 micron sized golden pearls and all of them started going nuts for them. It's really great when you get new fish and they are immediately attracted to dry foods! Of course, golden pearls are one of the best dry foods available, so it makes sense :)

• Like 1

It would show up within a couple of weeks if the acrylic is stressed. You can check it with a square. Even glass tanks bow a bit, but someone I know has taken theirs down due to it bowing too much for comfort. :mellow:

I was looking at the side panes and no bowing. But I did finally see that the front pane is bowing. From everything I'm reading about acrylic and bowing it's completely normal. And there's a greater chance of someone breaking a glass tank than an acrylic tank busting open so I'm totally not the least bit concerned :). I'm really loving this tank!

Can't wait to put a helfrichi in it LOL.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

I was looking at the side panes and no bowing. But I did finally see that the front pane is bowing. From everything I'm reading about acrylic and bowing it's completely normal. And there's a greater chance of someone breaking a glass tank than an acrylic tank busting open so I'm totally not the least bit concerned :). I'm really loving this tank!

Can't wait to put a helfrichi in it LOL.

I saw my helfrichi TWICE today!

Picked up a new betta and a pair (hopefully) of electric blue German rams for my FW tank. They're pretty friggin sweet looking.

30403551382_00b219dd74_b.jpg

30403609292_45af45d1f9_b.jpg

• Like 7
jedimasterben

Love the ram. I used to have 5 or so Bolivian Rams. Very pretty fish with lots of personality.

Yeah, so far they're great little fish. Being cichlids, I'd have figured they'd be a bit more aggressive than they are, but the betta I put in has been the aggressor so far :lol:

Wish I could like that betta post more than once. >:c I have a ten gallon, but the neon tetras would tear up its fins without a second thought. I don't like the idea of putting one in the 2.5 gallon, and either way it might kill off the super red cherry shrimp I have in there :P

jedimasterben

Wish I could like that betta post more than once. >:c I have a ten gallon, but the neon tetras would tear up its fins without a second thought. I don't like the idea of putting one in the 2.5 gallon, and either way it might kill off the super red cherry shrimp I have in there :P

When i got my white betta, it ate so many of my blue shrimp in the first couple of days that it literally took on a blue hue.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

So the new rams for the FW tank both like LRS, and so does the betta :)

Saw the helfrichi again for just a couple of seconds. It keeps poking its head out, but any time I want to go and get a closer look, I get out of my chair, the chair lurches upward since something is wrong with the lift on it, and it shakes the house and the firefish dives back in the rock.

• Like 3