Hydor korellia nano

Eheim 1250 pump

CAD Lights PLS-50 Elite

Colbalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater

Target Clip on desk lamp for fuge

25lbs dry rock

20lbs live sand carribsea hawaiian black in reef grade

Parameters

As with Everything, today I snagged a 20 long at petco on the 1g for $1 deal and snagged a reptile 20 long mesh lid, with the mesh lid i pan to cut away the mesh along one side essential cutting out only where various euipment will be hanging on the edge to keep a protected top as much as possible, the mesh top is a heat resistant metal mesh (using led lights not a big deal anyway).

My plan is to clean the water scale off the 15g tank tonight or tomorrow, my order from marine depot has shipped and is estimated to arrive the 26th of this month.

Updating equipment list and to do lists as I can

• Like 1

That lid will rust eventually. Shouldn't be an issue, but will be an eye sore.

Its painted black but I can see where i can where I make the cuts, didn't think about that, but I think I may take black electrical tape and tape along the cuts to make it look cleaner and to protect equipment and my hands from cuts and scratches

So today I am going hunting for cabinets or stands at restores, and thrift shops, hopefully i can find something that will work and can get it picked up for reasonable, if not i guess i neeed to start designing my stand and building one

Update time, alright so I was able to snag a stable, and solid feeling cabinet for $32.10, then got some thick plywood and had it cut to the dimension i want for the top, to make a solid top. below are images

cabinet_1_by_kahmu84-dabbxhg.jpg

cabinet_4_by_kahmu84-dabbxju.jpg

I plan to sand and paint it, i also have new knobs to put on it as well, the white trim will be peeled off and as i get it put together and the likes i'll update more

Just make sure the cabinet can support the weight. Good luck!

its a good solid cabinet, especially once it gets a top put on it it'll be solid

Another update today, tested the space in which the sump will be housed got a few photos.

I had to remove the two middle drawer rails to fit it in, which mean the top of the cabinet will not go on in a perminent fashion until, i have the sump made and in place and after painting the cabinet and top.

cabinet_sump_space_test_1_by_kahmu84-dab

cabinet_sump_space_test_2_by_kahmu84-dab

Alright got my first shipment(and the most of the equipment I bought) from marinedepot today, have some pics, but will upload them tomorrow when its not late.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Alright got my first shipment(and the most of the equipment I bought) from marinedepot today, have some pics, but will upload them tomorrow when its not late.

looks sweet man! Love how cost effective you're being on this build, leaving money for equipment and livestock!
  • Like 1

Alright, i now i said i would upload pics but i havent, and i am going to wait till i start working on painting the cabinet and working on that

Alrighty update time picture heavy startign with a bonsai tree I got the other day and planted some succulents with if and redid the moss top on

untitled7_by_kahmu84-dacncye.jpg

Well anyways back to the tank build

so I deglossed and painted the cabinet (pic of the fresh paint =P)

untitled2_by_kahmu84-dacncwd.jpg

untitled1_by_kahmu84-dacncvy.jpg

Got my Sump Kit from Oceanbox Designs, awesome kit (abosolutely hate silicone now, more on that later)

untitled9_by_kahmu84-dacncz2.jpg

I got my Nanobox Duo plus M (today as of 8/3/16)

untitled8_by_kahmu84-dacne4v.jpg?1

Also in the span of today drilled a hole for running the powerstrip to the tank

untitled6_by_kahmu84-dacncxx.jpg

And also got to the prep and building of the sump

untitled5_by_kahmu84-dacncxi.jpg

And i hate working with silicone now, and on top of it i am horrible at applying it even with help of a family member

untitled4_by_kahmu84-dacncx3.jpg

And to top it off did a rough alighment to drill holes in the top of the cabinet to run piping and what not through, and plus i wanted to check out and try out the lights from Nanobox

untitled3_by_kahmu84-dacncwq.jpg

And sorry for the long update granted i kept the words short and sweet and let the pictures do the talking, and yes i still have drawer fronts to finish painting =P

So update will follow with photos got plumbing dry fitted for the moment going to pick up pvc cutter to make cleaner straight cuts the mini hack saw I have is not good the blade twists but I do have it dry fitted and I do need to run a wet test on my baffles still

Alrighty so got two new pics tested out the hold on the baffles and it works and holds water woohoo

untitled12_by_kahmu84-dadegvb.jpg

And got the pvc return pipe glues together and drying currently

untitled11_by_kahmu84-dadegux.jpg

And i bought tickets to the ARRE thats going on this weekend, stoked to go check out whats there for tanks, livestock, corals, and even the reptiles. I plan to go back to it in November(as they have another) to possibly stock up on some corals or what i may be missing or wanting to get

The Nanobox looks great. I'm glad you got the sump figured out

Thanks hopefully this weekend or this next week I can pick up some sand and live rock. And I need to get my Rodi unit going and get salt first and get it mixed up got a 32g brute can for mixing then 5 gal buckets to move it inside from outside outside and a little 90 gph pump I can use for mixing and then use to transfer into the main tank to prevent as much cloudiness

I have a lfs I'm gonna use for getting about 5-10 lbs of either cured or uncured Lr (1.49 lb for uncured) then I think they have dry pukani and branch in gonna pick up about 15-20 lbs of that there too as well as a 20lb bag of the caribsea special grade reef sand

• 2 months later...

Yeah, it halted fro a few months, but today i picked up 20lbs of arag alive black hawaiian , and 5 lbs of dry rock from a lfs, but plan to get about 15-20lbs more of dry rock from brs

• 2 weeks later...