ReefCleaners.org

Best smaller tank?

davy jones

Considering setting up a second tank. My current one is the Red sea Reefer 250 and i love everything about it. Except the price tag.

I would like to set something up 40 gallons or less, and it is going to be dedicated to anemones, euphillia, rics and yumas. I want a few different bubble tips, a couple maxi minis and lots of rock flowers.

Here is my dilemma.

I want a sump.

I want it to be drilled or have an overflow already installed.

I want it to be high quality.

Here are the options ive found,

Red sea reefer nano

Red sea reefer 170

Deep blue professional rimless cube

Reef Saavy Custom (no idea on pricing, likely too expensive to be an option for me.)

Are there any other good manufacturers that im missing??

Then if i decide to not have a sump
Fusion lagoon 25

Fusion 20

Fusion 30 long

Red sea max-e 170

Cadlights mini 34

The reefer series has a nano and the 170, which would both be amazing tanks, but they are very spendy, after lights and equipment and everything i would be at about $2-2.5k. Ideally id like to shoot for half of that.

Then there is the red sea max E series, which uses the hydra 26hd led, and is all in one for about $1500.

Ive heard great things about the Innovative Marine tanks, but ive never seen one in person.

Ive heard nothing but bad things about cadlights in recent years so thats likely not even in the picture.

Essentially i am looking to get opinions on owners of these tanks, or reccomendations of other tanks i have not heard of.

Thanks all!

RIP Sebastian

Considering setting up a second tank. My current one is the Red sea Reefer 250 and i love everything about it. Except the price tag.

I would like to set something up 40 gallons or less, and it is going to be dedicated to anemones, euphillia, rics and yumas. I want a few different bubble tips, a couple maxi minis and lots of rock flowers.

Here is my dilemma.

I want a sump.

I want it to be drilled or have an overflow already installed.

I want it to be high quality.

Here are the options ive found,

Red sea reefer nano

Red sea reefer 170

Deep blue professional rimless cube

Reef Saavy Custom (no idea on pricing, likely too expensive to be an option for me.)

Are there any other good manufacturers that im missing??

Then if i decide to not have a sump

Fusion lagoon 25

Fusion 20

Fusion 30 long

Red sea max-e 170

Cadlights mini 34

The reefer series has a nano and the 170, which would both be amazing tanks, but they are very spendy, after lights and equipment and everything i would be at about $2-2.5k. Ideally id like to shoot for half of that.

Then there is the red sea max E series, which uses the hydra 26hd led, and is all in one for about $1500.

Ive heard great things about the Innovative Marine tanks, but ive never seen one in person.

Ive heard nothing but bad things about cadlights in recent years so thats likely not even in the picture.

Essentially i am looking to get opinions on owners of these tanks, or reccomendations of other tanks i have not heard of.

Thanks all!

Hi there! I've had two IM tanks- the 24 and, currently, the 30l.

I considered the Reefer Nano, but I like long tanks rather than cubes. The 30l is great. My 24 burst and I miss it dearly. I am a huge fan of curved glass. Ah well. Anywho, my 30l holds 2 Intank baskets, a MiniMax Midsize Reactor, Heater, and Hydor SlimSkim Nano. If you want a sump- but cheap- go CAD. Otherwise, if you want a sump, go Red Sea. If you factor cost of stand, ATO, and tank together it comes out to about this same. At this point, I'd say the deciding factor for you is what look you prefer- long or cube. Or, at least, that question should help you narrow it down.

Hope this helps,

Nick

Archived