Coral Vue Hydros

Help: Uneven overflow rates in Innovative marine overflow?

chaostactics

chaostactics

I have an IM AIO tank that has a much higher flow/return rate on one side vs the other.

I swear it's a 28 gal but I can't seem to find any literature on the tank. I'm wondering if it's by design or something else...?

I'm using a Sicce 350 ish gal per hour return pump.

The tank appears to be level side to side.

The intake combs/slots are clear.

Elizabeth94

Never heard of an IM 28gal tank before. Did you check the return lines and the nozzles to make sure nothing was obstructing the flow? Algae, snails, etc?

mitten_reef

I have a Nuvo 16 and I noticed slight unevenness in the overflow. I'm sure my tank is not the most leveled it could have been, so I attributed some of it to that.

One other consideration is I stuff one of the rear chambers full of different media bag, which could be slowing down the flow on that particular side as well.

RIP Sebastian

I have an IM AIO tank that has a much higher flow/return rate on one side vs the other.

I swear it's a 28 gal but I can't seem to find any literature on the tank. I'm wondering if it's by design or something else...?

If you could post a pic, that would help.

Nick

When I saw the issue in my tank, it was definitely because it wasn't level. Now it's level, and both sides flow through evenly.

What media are in the chambers? Do you have a skimmer running? I notice that the overflow on the side with my skimmer runs higher.

Archived