Coral Vue Hydros

25 Gallon Lagoon - ATO issue and I'm out of State.

Dunlager

So my ATO pump is not pumping. The father in law unplugged the main pump when he saw it look like a hot tub. Not knowing how much is gone I am having him put a pint of distilled in the main part of the rank tomorrow and half a pint on Sat.

So will I be ok untul this Sunday when I get back home with the main pump off? I still have two 240 Nanos running so I still have water flow.

It's just killing me that this happened whole I'm on a road trip.

I'm guessing that it'll be fine with the reduced flow. You might want to have him feed less (assuming he's in charge of that too).

Why don't you have him plug it back in? He can add the distilled water to the top off reservoir.

Probably be okay since its not a cold time of year, I would not just plug it back in when you get home. I am not sure how the chambers on that IM work but I would be worried about stagnate water back there since it gets no flow. I would probably replace the media and water back there.

When I left for I think it was 4 or 6 weeks?? overseas I gave my mom a crash course on everything. I was so impressed, she did water changes and top offs and fed the fish and she never had a fish tank in her life lol

Probably be okay since its not a cold time of year, I would not just plug it back in when you get home. I am not sure how the chambers on that IM work but I would be worried about stagnate water back there since it gets no flow. I would probably replace the media and water back there.

When I left for I think it was 4 or 6 weeks?? overseas I gave my mom a crash course on everything. I was so impressed, she did water changes and top offs and fed the fish and she never had a fish tank in her life lol

+1 mom

Archived