inTank Media Baskets

BlinkUp Help Please!

Cedar

Guys, I just got my new NanoBox Tide Plus M, and it's such a gorgeous light! I'm looking forward to seeing it all lit up, but I cannot for the life of me get the stupid thing to connect to Bluefish. I plugged it all in, downloaded the app, created a login, configured my wifi, and started the blinkup. Phone is sans case, at its brightest level, and touching the chip thing. Light blinks orange to begin, goes green for maybe two seconds during the phone flashing, then goes red. Connection failed. It's still blinking red, so I try it again. This time the blinking light disappears entirely. No orange, green or red. No response to blinkup. So I pop it out and pop it back in. When I pop the chip back in I get a split second flash of light from the nanobox light itself, then a red blinky light on the chip. Blinkup fails to connect again and the chip light disappears, again. I've tried this so many times now. Nothing is working. I've got an iphone, if that matters. Help!

Can you make sure of the following?

- your WIFI password is entered correctly

- using 2.4 ghz

- after it flashes green, then red let it sit to make sure it is not updating.

- make sure your phone is connected to the same WIFI network.

-Dave

what Ben and Dave said. In addition, if you're still having trouble, try putting your phone and the controller under a towel to block out additional light.

Success! Thanks for the advice guys! I tried doing blinkup at night with no other lights on and that seemed to have done the trick. It works now!

• 3 months later...

I could not get it to work on Samsung phone. Had to borrow iPhone from a friend and it worked 1st time

Strange to hear. If you do not turn off the auto-dim feature on the phone is will change while blinking up.

-Dave

jedimasterben

Strange to hear. If you do not turn off the auto-dim feature on the phone is will change while blinking up.

-Dave

This is a known problem with Samsung devices. Even with brightness maximized and auto leveling disabled, Blinkup still will not happen. I've used four different Samsung phones and none of them would do it. #moto4life :P

• 2 weeks later...
AlejandroDelRey

I'm having the same issue with mine. I upgraded my phone (which is what I used as a wifi hotspot) and when I tried to connect my Duo Plus M, it just turned off and started blinking red. I tried Blinking Up several times through out the day, and the light would blink green once, then go back to blinking red. I tried "forgetting the device"/unblinking, and the light started blinking orange for a couple of minutes, then it turned off. I tried re-inserting the chip and Blinking Up again, but it just went back to blinking red. Two days without lights so far :b

This is a known problem with Samsung devices. Even with brightness maximized and auto leveling disabled, Blinkup still will not happen. I've used four different Samsung phones and none of them would do it. #moto4life :P

My Samsung was a bit of a pain to blinkup, but it worked eventually. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but it worked when I used WPS to get the light on the network.

I'm having the same issue with mine. I upgraded my phone (which is what I used as a wifi hotspot) and when I tried to connect my Duo Plus M, it just turned off and started blinking red. I tried Blinking Up several times through out the day, and the light would blink green once, then go back to blinking red. I tried "forgetting the device"/unblinking, and the light started blinking orange for a couple of minutes, then it turned off. I tried re-inserting the chip and Blinking Up again, but it just went back to blinking red. Two days without lights so far :b

When you use your hotspot you will need to connect a separate device to the hotspot and then BlinkUp.

-Dave

Archived