Top Shelf Aquatics

What is this growing on my live rock?

Carlagracie

Carlagracie

The tank has been up for 5 days now and I come home today and notice this growing on my rock. I looked over the whole tank and only found 2 of these. I believe I know what they are unfortunately but I just want to confirm it.

Trying to upload a picture but its to big. lets try this.

http://s350.photobucket.com/user/johnny85/media/IMG_0473_zps8yh4hlzm.jpg.html?filters[user]=145397506&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Elizabeth94

Yep, Aiptasia. Kill it, and any others that you see.

The tank has been up for 5 days now and I come home today and notice this growing on my rock. I looked over the whole tank and only found 2 of these. I believe I know what they are unfortunately but I just want to confirm it.

Trying to upload a picture but its to big. lets try this.

http://s350.photobucket.com/user/johnny85/media/IMG_0473_zps8yh4hlzm.jpg.html?filters[user]=145397506&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

FrostbyteNano

I think some people to scalding hot water and spray it right on them. There are many creatures that will eat them too. Some peppermint shrimp will... but I have heard that this cannot be guaranteed. I know there are other creatures that eat them too. This is something that many reefers battle... there is tons of info out there.

Carlagracie

I think some people to scalding hot water and spray it right on them. There are many creatures that will eat them too. Some peppermint shrimp will... but I have heard that this cannot be guaranteed. I know there are other creatures that eat them too. This is something that many reefers battle... there is tons of info out there.

I will try that first thing in the morning.

Carlagracie

Used the turkey blaster with boiling water and they instantly shriveled up and turned a greenish brown color and sure look dead. Hopefully that's the last of it.

Archived