Top Shelf Aquatics

Do Spotted Dragonets Rest

darkdancer333

darkdancer333

I got home from work tonight and my dragonet was wedge between 2 rocks When I moved a rock he darted off. My wife said he was like that for 2 hours. I have had him for 2.5 weeks and he has been eating Mysis. and pods He has actually put on weight. I was wondering if they can eat too much or if he was actually resting.

darkdancer333

Dragons to sleep every at night. We're lights on or off?

eyes were open... I have 3 stages light... bright, medium and blue. I know when the blue is on he is awol. This was the medium light.. I got up this morning and he was motoring around the tank looking for his Mysis lol

I got home from work tonight and my dragonet was wedge between 2 rocks When I moved a rock he darted off. My wife said he was like that for 2 hours. I have had him for 2.5 weeks and he has been eating Mysis. and pods He has actually put on weight. I was wondering if they can eat too much or if he was actually resting.

Was this when lights were off or dim? They don't sleep in the day. At night they will retire consistently to the same cave, at the same time (their internal clocks are impeccable). No, mandarins don't eat too much and then rest. In their early development (first month past larval metamorphosis) there is a good deal of daytime resting, but not adults.

all living things need rest, if he is eating well and active during the day and evening i wouldnt worry

fun fact to add to this. Great whites need to continue swimming or else they can not filter water through their gills. They,along with other usually smaller creatures, sleep with only 1 half of their brain at a time.

fun fact to add to this. Great whites need to continue swimming or else they can not filter water through their gills. They,along with other usually smaller creatures, sleep with only 1 half of their brain at a time.

I wish I could do that, I got a lot of shit I need to get done. :P

Archived