Top Shelf Aquatics

Yellow watchman acting different

SideCar_Falcon619

SideCar_Falcon619

So the last few days my watchman has been much more active in the tank than normal.

He perches on the rock work, swims about the tank, and likes to swim up to just below the water line and chill for a few.

Also him and my pygmy angel seem to have adjusted to each other because the goby is no longer aggressive and they seem to be comfortable swimming in close proximity.

No other issues, waters good, they are eating very well, no injuries. Pygmy is acting normal. He does return to his burrow periodically and at night.

Any idea what's up? I don't think it's an oxygen issue, I've had the same set up since the beginning. Lots of flow. Maybe too much?

Input is appreciated. Thank you friends!

Ooh! Almost forgot. His pistol shrimp buddy has disappeared.... may be related

Littlesardines

He's probably fine. If his shrimp is gone I'm sure his behavior would change since he doesn't have anyone digging holes for him anymore.

Seems like the Goby is doing well, How long have you had him and what do you feed ?

I have a Yellow Watchman Goby not doing as well.

Reef Hollister

IMO he's just looking for a new buddy. Glad to say my yellow seems like he couldn't be happier. Sometimes he hangs with the pistol, other times he just goes into a little nook he found and stays by himself until I approach the tank. Then he comes out looking for food.

So the last few days my watchman has been much more active in the tank than normal.

He perches on the rock work, swims about the tank, and likes to swim up to just below the water line and chill for a few.

Also him and my pygmy angel seem to have adjusted to each other because the goby is no longer aggressive and they seem to be comfortable swimming in close proximity.

No other issues, waters good, they are eating very well, no injuries. Pygmy is acting normal. He does return to his burrow periodically and at night.

Any idea what's up? I don't think it's an oxygen issue, I've had the same set up since the beginning. Lots of flow. Maybe too much?

Input is appreciated. Thank you friends!

Ooh! Almost forgot. His pistol shrimp buddy has disappeared.... may be related

Same thing with Walter (our YWG). Buck (his Pistol Shrimp companion) passed away about 2 months ago. Walter has never been more active in the tank without his pal. Garcon (Blood Fire Shrimp) and Walter have become good friends now. Garcon cleans Walter now since Buck isn't snapping at him to stay away.

Get him another shrimp! I have my LFS looking for a Randals.

SideCar_Falcon619

Seems like the Goby is doing well, How long have you had him and what do you feed ?

I have a Yellow Watchman Goby not doing as well.

yeah he seems pretty active...

I got him as a super tiny juvenile a month ago.

I feed him frozen cyclops. Now that I have a Pygmy Angel in there with him I take a little cyclops and mix it with the frozen Spirulina for the pygmy in a small cup of the tank water then i drop the mix in. He seems to like both.

I think the key to getting him to not be so skittish and always hide was the fact that I feed them with the power heads on. I like that they have to be active for their food. I think it's made him way more comfortable being out in the open tank rather than in a hole.

I feel like the foods used to sink and be eaten near the caves and burrows enables them to be more secluded. If the food always comes to the door why would you go outside you know? lol

Archived