Top Shelf Aquatics

Help with an Id

Rpc07

I think it's an sps but I'm not sure it has longer polyps then what I have seen on other sps but when the polyps are closed up the skeleton looks a branching sps.

953B39BD-8B84-40CB-B6E2-AC98409FF0EE.jpg

Pulsing Xenia. It falls under the soft coral (octocorals) category.

The base or stalk isnt soft though like pulsing Xenia. When this coral is closed up it has a hard skeleton. I'll try and get a better picture.

The base or stalk isnt soft though like pulsing Xenia. When this coral is closed up it has a hard skeleton. I'll try and get a better picture.

A piece of gorg maybe then? I have one with very long polyps.

+1 for xenia in that picture.

When you say the base is hard, is it stone hard, or just firm?

I don't think it's stone hard but it doesn't feel like a softie either. I'm going to get some better pics when I get home this picture isn't that great it was a quick one before I ran out of the house. Also the polyps go all the way to the base not like pictures of Xenia I have seen where the polyps are at the top.
Elizabeth94

Well if it isn't rock hard, then it isn't an sps. However, that is a much better picture and now I am not too sure what it is.

Idk what it is, but I want.

lol

Well if it isn't rock hard, then it isn't an sps. However, that is a much better picture and now I am not too sure what it is.

It has me scratching my head also. I couldn't find anything on the internet that is similar. It's hard to tell if the stalk is rock hard with the polyps covering it but it most definitely isnt flimsy or flexible.

Archived