inTank Media Baskets

10 Gallon Nano Reef in the Works

BlueFenris

I have the nemolight on my 10g with the following corals and so far I like the light. Is it the most powerful light and the best- no but for the price, I really like it.

I am a full believer that you don't need the highest rated product to get results.

Why pay $500 on a light run at 30%? To me that says its too powerful for your needs. Just my opinion.

Leather, xenia, chalice, hammer, birdsnest, brains, and a lobo under the nemolight.

I also have a par38 on my 15g

BlueFenris

Yeah I'll definitely go with the nemo light then. I'm assuming for the ten gallon I would need the nano size, right?

BlueFenris

So I found a really good deal on some live rock. 10 lbs for 34 bucks, free shipping. And the seller has 100% satisfaction rating on eBay too.

Thanks for the welcome. :) and the instant ocean salt I have actually is their reef salt.

ok cool,I thought maybe it was,but just thought I'd mention it,but looks like you have a great plan good luck!!
  • 4 weeks later...

So live rock has been in for maybe a week now, and tonight I just noticed three little worms! After quite a bit of research I've realized they're peanut worms! Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of them.

So a couple days ago I tested the water and had ammonia that was pretty much off the charts and nitrate that was pretty high as well, and today I tested and ammonia was maybe .5 ppm if even that much, and nitrates were down to around 20 or 15. I can't test nitrites quite yet, cause I haven't been able to pick up that test yet. The ammonia drop makes sense, but I'm a bit puzzled by the nitrate drop.

Nitrates usually only drop through nutrient export not on their own.

It could be a simple error in testing.

Once your ammonia and nitrites are at 0 you can do a water change which will lower the nitrates. Then its cuc time:)

Archived