Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Weird White Disc Thing In Reef Tank

ReeferAiden

Is there a tiny hole in the top? I have white limpets that suddenly showed up in a 16 month old tank with that basic shape.

ReeferAiden

Is there a tiny hole in the top? I have white limpets that suddenly showed up in a 16 month old tank with that basic shape.

There is a tiny spot where there is a dip in the top, but not a hole all the way through. My tank is 7 months old.

ReeferAiden

Does it move? When you took it out, did you see a snail-like creature on the other side?

It was sideways in the sand. I didn't really see if it was moving. it did sort of look like the bottom of a snail on the other side.

It was sideways in the sand. I didn't really see if it was moving. it did sort of look like the bottom of a snail on the other side.

is it just a shell from the substrate? If it's not alive, I wouldn't worry about it. Probably just a piece of shell that surfaced in your substrate.

ReeferAiden

It kind of looks like a snails door.

I looked up pictures and i think that is what it is. what is it and what do i do with it?

jamescstein

I looked up pictures and i think that is what it is. what is it and what do i do with it?

leave it in.. trash it.. its part of a snail shell. Some snails have a trap door they close behind them when they go into their shell. That is what this is. Obviously the snail that made it has died.

Archived