Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Discouraged – Captive-Bred Tank a Pipe Dream?

uisge-beatha

uisge-beatha

I applaud your concern for the well-being of fish/coral, Nightstar, and I agree with your point about not ordering fish when they're available locally. To clarify, the store I ordered does their own deliveries, so there isn't much difference between ordering from them and picking up a fish from a store locally.

squamptonbc

I've been receiving fish by fed ex for nearly 20 years when combined with my time in the US and have not once experienced what you describe. Not one late shipment or delayed shipment.

Sure it could happen but the risk is small in my opinion. Plus only viable way to get livestock is to have it shipped. No thriving local reef community here which is probably more the norm for the bulk of Canada.

I would prefer not to pay for shipping to get a fish or a snail but no stores locally and difficult to find anyone local who is sellng.

For whatever reason marine aquariums are not popular around here, but heck even freshwater is difficult only petsmart has fish so unless you want super common stuff only way to get fish is to ship.

Suppose my perspective is different due to the major lack of fish related anything local.

lakshwadeep

For inverts, look for CUC critters that reproduce in tanks, like Collonista snails, micro brittle stars, and bristle worms.

Archived