Top Shelf Aquatics

FS: Nano Conch Snails (strombus maculatus) 5 for $25 Shipped

glennr1978

How did they taste, Sancho?

you would have to ask my clown fish. She tried eating a few as they went into the tank.
  • Like 2
Marc.The.Shark

Pkg came today, everything made the trip fine, plus a couple extra's! Thanks Glenn

• Like 2

I'm glad that so many have live arrivals, I didn't experience the same. Most of the little guys were DOA. I can verify that one crawled away as soon as I put him in the tank, but the others didn't make it. :-(

Should've paid extra for overnight? Three days is too long to SoCal.

Any packs left?

I also sent a pm :)

I've got a couple of replacement packs to send out this week but I will likely have enough to make a few more packs. I will let you guys know if I can ASAP. Thanks!

• Like 2
gulfsurfer101

I'm glad that so many have live arrivals, I didn't experience the same. Most of the little guys were DOA. I can verify that one crawled away as soon as I put him in the tank, but the others didn't make it. :-(

That sucks! I personally sent mine out in damn near empty 20oz water bottles using standard shipping with some out as long as 5 days and had zero casualties! Must be ravingshly hot in soCal!
gulfsurfer101

It was 105 here the other day with an index of 115 in south Texas! August is usually our hottest month though so it's not over yet!

• Like 1

do these eat macro algae? or just HA? woul dlove a pkg or 2 once you have more...

so when u say they multiply fast, how fast are we talking about here?

I experienced the same. Also from SoCal.

Seems like the heat is really messing up the shipment.

This is in no way Glenn's fault. His packaging is great. I think it's just the heat plus 3 days in transit that's killing them.

I am going to have to get some from Glenn as soon as I can pinpoint why the rest of my CUC died recently. Lost almost everything, all FL ceriths, all three of my conchs, all my chestnut turbos. I think I have two or three of these left and maybe a nassarius floating around.

Oddly enough, a week and a half ago the same thing happened to me. These guys (the not conchs) are all fine, but I lost power for about 3 hours over night. Next day my two fighting conchs died, my mexican turbos died, my trochus died and a bunch of the big ceriths. over all, I think I lost about 20 of the bigger members of my cleanup crew. I don't get it. The only thing I could think of was some stray voltage in the tank after the power came back on. I don't think O2 would deplete that fast in this tank as I don't think it is overpopulated enough to use up the o2 in less than 3 hours. Plus, right before it went out, the airstone had been on for two hours (I run it two hours a night in the sump return chamber to help keep Ph stable). But who knows. Everything else was fine, but lost almost all my larger CUC.

do these eat macro algae? or just HA? woul dlove a pkg or 2 once you have more...

I have them and they seem to only eat micro algae and hair algae. They haven't bothered any of my display macros.

I experienced the same. Also from SoCal.

Seems like the heat is really messing up the shipment.

This is in no way Glenn's fault. His packaging is great. I think it's just the heat plus 3 days in transit that's killing them.

Yes, it's hot out here and the summer heat will be here for a while. I'm not one to place blame, if I did, it wouldn't be on a forum post. Glenn has been great, so we'll wait until it cools down before we try again.

• Like 3

Yes, it's hot out here and the summer heat will be here for a while. I'm not one to place blame, if I did, it wouldn't be on a forum post. Glenn has been great, so we'll wait until it cools down before we try again.

Yup. I reread what I wrote and it may have seemed that I was accusing you of blaming Glenn which isn't what I meant.

I just meant to inform everyone else reading this that the DOA snails are not Glenn's fault and he's been great at trying to resolve the issue.

No worries, I didn't take it that way and completely understood where you were coming from. All good here.

Stay cool, it's freakin' hot here and there's a brush fire roaring now.

..........and now, back to your regularly scheduled post!

jamescstein

They aren't touching my dragons breath. AS for how fast do they multiply?

I bought 6 of these buggers 2 months ago from Indo-Pacific Sea farms. Within a month I had close to 100 little ones crawling around on my glass.

DA5209C0-B12F-4BC3-AEAA-9D523CE897A0.jpg

I probably have about 200 now in various stages of growth. The first 'spawn' should be getting of age to reproduce. I've been plucking the largest of the new ones out of my tank and putting them in my wifes algae filled 125.

• Like 4

Will the babies act as food for shrimp and clownfish? Also how fast do the reproduce and what with the consume (GHA?)?

• Recommended Discussions