Pod Your Reef

Can Cyanobacteria Be Caused By Water that Is too clean?

Glitchfish

brandon429

One can do more with a set of pics than we can with a set of test readings if curing invasions is the goal...such that no nutrient testing is even required if the keeper agrees to do the right work. If not, then nutrient detailing and testing helps but work replaces all testing for sure.

You have no nutrient issues at all due to such sparse coverage

Google what eats Cyanobacteria and what out competes cyano bacteria on the real reef, that's missing from your tank, and the fill-in will be your hand removal and siphoning as needed, these are your tank variables. All you need to do is continually siphon it out, the increased small water changes are harmless and this is reef guiding you are very very lucky to have this as your total challenge. simple hand guiding and you have a potential tank of the month for sure.

The same behavior applies to green hair algae

Remove it then try to keep it gone with water actions, never use water actions as your remover, secret to algae free forever says algae free forever tanks online.

Nice tank just hand guide it. If you continually remove the mass several times it comes back less since this is no takeover situation, it's just the variation your tank requires. Don't detail water actions to deal with it

Do work easy work.

Glitchfish

BTW, what's your temperature in your display? I just trying to eliminate all variables.

My temperature Is a constant 25-26 degrees Celsius X) It sometimes reaches 27 but that's very rare X)

One can do more with a set of pics than we can with a set of test readings if curing invasions is the goal...such that no nutrient testing is even required if the keeper agrees to do the right work. If not, then nutrient detailing and testing helps but work replaces all testing for sure.

You have no nutrient issues at all due to such sparse coverage

Google what eats Cyanobacteria and what out competes cyano bacteria on the real reef, that's missing from your tank, and the fill-in will be your hand removal and siphoning as needed, these are your tank variables. All you need to do is continually siphon it out, the increased small water changes are harmless and this is reef guiding you are very very lucky to have this as your total challenge. simple hand guiding and you have a potential tank of the month for sure.

The same behavior applies to green hair algae

Remove it then try to keep it gone with water actions, never use water actions as your remover, secret to algae free forever says algae free forever tanks online.

Nice tank just hand guide it. If you continually remove the mass several times it comes back less since this is no takeover situation, it's just the variation your tank requires. Don't detail water actions to deal with it

Do work easy work.

This Is exactly what my mother said but I was just confused and wanted to make sure it wasn't a nutrient issue!

Possible Tank Of The Month O-o! Oh my :o! That's so kind of you to say <3! Let's hope soon it will finally be vanquished!

urm when cyanobacteria dies... does it cause water to go somewhat dusty and corals to sulk? Also lots of little hairs forming on the back of my aquarium ._. Is my tank dying? (Nevermind It was the Vitalis Algae grazer being blasted by a powerhead....God I worry so much X)

Ok I think I have sussed out the issue with my Cyanobacteria, Turns out the R.O water I have been buying has Nitrates of 10PPM! My aquarium only has 2PPM but that's more than I would like... I need to find better suppliers local to me :s! Is it cheaper to run my own unit... I don't have anywhere to store it though... any input on this?

Archived