Pod Your Reef

Good place to buy copepods?

Sal10104

Just starting a copepod culture to feed my scooter blennys a little better. (they eat frozen but I think copepods are more healthy) any ways i was wondering who sells the best copepods at a decent price?

if you are culturing, algaebarn has the cleanest cultures i've bought... everywhere else I wind up with brown flatworms all over the damn place

also, they now have apocalypse pods with a faster reproductive cycle, and i have females with eggs in the tank. i also culture in 3 tea jars to re-seed the tank for a bluestripe pipe

tigger pods will wind up in the filter.. tisbe and apoc will stay in the tank

also, they ship free over $40 now and the packaging is top notch

I also buy my algae (paste) from brine shrimp dirrect (glycerin free) glycerin free is mandatory

and a silicone "mini" ice tray off ebay

WP_20160528_001.jpg

WP_20160528_002.jpg

the nano can be frozen and last 6 months.. put the cubes in little pill baggies

with apoc pods, you want a green tint you can see thru, or it just rots in the bottom of the jar

if you are culturing, algaebarn has the cleanest cultures i've bought... everywhere else I wind up with brown flatworms all over the damn place

also, they now have apocalypse pods with a faster reproductive cycle, and i have females with eggs in the tank. i also culture in 3 tea jars to re-seed the tank for a bluestripe pipe

tigger pods will wind up in the filter.. tisbe and apoc will stay in the tank

also, they ship free over $40 now and the packaging is top notch

I also buy my algae (paste) from brine shrimp dirrect (glycerin free) glycerin free is mandatory

and a silicone "mini" ice tray off ebay

WP_20160528_001.jpg

WP_20160528_002.jpg

the nano can be frozen and last 6 months.. put the cubes in little pill baggies

with apoc pods, you want a green tint you can see thru, or it just rots in the bottom of the jar

I once heard about algae barn and they had a ton of discounts around new years. I just try to keep my ordering low in the winter due to the fact that where i live its never over 15 in the winter. I did just buy some pytho from Todds pods and he said he'd throw in 8 OZ of pods in my order for me because he had to hold it. so If that doesn't go well il order from algae barn.

Check out Reef Cleaners. John is super awesome!

https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/reef-pods

After i see how my pods i got from Todds pods goes Il check them out. I saw they had pretty good prices on pods. I just made my first order from those guys last night for 100 snails. hope to see if it goes well. only heard good things about them

let me know how the pods look if you order from there..

i'm really having good luck with apocalypse pods reproducing in tank and jars right now.. never could get tisbe culture up and producing

let me know how the pods look if you order from there..

i'm really having good luck with apocalypse pods reproducing in tank and jars right now.. never could get tisbe culture up and producing

sadly USPS is doing the ping pong with my package :/
  • 1 month later...

Archived