Pod Your Reef

My Fluval Spec EVO

Gilly's Reef

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the stock lights on these tanks usually suck, I recommend that the 18-24" Current USA - Orbit Marine LED. It looks like it was made for the tank, it fits with the stock plastic lid and everything (after you remove the existing clip for the stock light). The LED strip is basically the exact length of the display area, and then the adjustable arm part goes over the filtration section. Looks clean and sharp.

Sucky to hear about the light, is it capable enough for softies? I would expect that at least, or the light has no use.

Their card says its for ideal for SPS and LPS.... ha!!! I guess it comes with dechlorinator so that shows the target audience right there :P

Fluval-SEA-Evo-5.jpg

Gilly's Reef

NEED OPINION ASAP!!!! should i keep the 5 gal or transfer everything into a standard 10 gal??? with new led and a AC hob filter

FlamingPrawn

NEED OPINION ASAP!!!! should i keep the 5 gal or transfer everything into a standard 10 gal??? with new led and a AC hob filter

Just order the 12. They're available now :)

Gilly's Reef

Just order the 12. They're available now :)

i can't no money :tears: Just ordered a new light. So all i have to work with is selling the 5 gal or trading it

I like the complete look with the hood on the 12 and the frosted glass. After having tanks with nano-box though, there is no way the stock light could keep me happy.

They seem good for people with a tight budget who want a total package though. Maybe something could be retro'd to slide into the hood.

I would keep the 5g btw... unless you hate the light that much or can't swap it. The 5g looks cleaner and I sort of hate AC hob filters lol

FlamingPrawn

I like the complete look with the hood on the 12 and the frosted glass. After having tanks with nano-box though, there is no way the stock light could keep me happy.

They seem good for people with a tight budget who want a total package though. Maybe something could be retro'd to slide into the hood.

I would keep the 5g btw... unless you hate the light that much or can't swap it. The 5g looks cleaner and I sort of hate AC hob filters lol

First, the top isn't exactly frosted :( It's solid black. The Frosted was just for their prototype i think. I am still considering using my Mini Tide on the 12. Just waiting to get some stuff in there to see how the stock light does. One complaint is the stock light is only touch.. can't put it on a timer.

First, the top isn't exactly frosted :( It's solid black. The Frosted was just for their prototype i think. I am still considering using my Mini Tide on the 12. Just waiting to get some stuff in there to see how the stock light does. One complaint is the stock light is only touch.. can't put it on a timer.

Yeah, I just saw it. Totally disappointed :( Mostly because of the black around the rim.. ugh..

FlamingPrawn

Yeah, I just saw it. Totally disappointed :( Mostly because of the black around the rim.. ugh..

Yeah a little disappointed... but I'll upload some pictures tonight and start a thread hopefully :) Still an AMAZING tank. Waiting for inTank to make a Media basket...

• 5 months later...

I'm regretting buying the Fluval spec EVO. Why? Because you still need upgrade the light and the pump for more advance corals. Second it does not come with the color white. I could have bought an Fluval spec V white color for $59.99 and spend the $40 on light and pump up grades. Now I'm just like damn paid $40 more for the color I don't like and buying all the upgrades I need for advance corals. I wished I did more research about this and I wished I did not trust this video.

For the people who are thinking of getting the Fluval spec Evo dont get it if you want advance corals. Get the fluval spec V upgrade it your self and you will have a more beastier nano tank and save $40 bucks lol

Archived