Cultivated Reef

Nanobox / Bluefish photo mode settings...

Water Dog

So, I am pretty challenged as a photographer. Up until recently, I've been taking crappy cellphone pictures of my tank. I've got a waterproof point and shoot camera with a pretty decent macro function that I want to use to take better pictures of my tank. What do you guys use as settings for your photo mode in the Bluefish mini in order to avoid or minimize post editing of your photos?

L.bacchus88

You could also try gel filters for your phone or camera. I got little colored plastic sheets that fix the washed out blue look. Very cheap too- I suck at photography and they worked great.

From my experience, white balance is all you need. I shoot in raw format and only adjust color temperature on my computer. Here's an example of one I took that was completely blue after being white balanced: http://i.imgur.com/sIwsfua.jpg Not a great picture but gives you an idea of how to fix the "blue" effect. I shot it under my nanobox tide at midday setting

Correct, use white balance and play with the setting more than anything. I really like to do it this way.

• Set camera up with a 4000-5700K white balance
  • Open Bluefish APP
  • Set to your preferred color
  • Slowly rise the white channel while watching the cameras screen until it looks close in person
  • Then you can edit as needed.

-Dave

Archived