Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Suggestions for a blue fish in 29 Biocube

L.bacchus88

L.bacchus88

Hey guys, I'm trying to think of a peaceful blue fish (doesn't have to be all blue, but at least some) that will be good in a Biocube 29. I already have a yellow head jawfish and 2 occelaris clowns. Some people said a damsel would be good, but I thought they could be aggressive and/or prefer groups which I don't want. (I want only one more fish) if anyone has any ideas please share! Thanks :-)

Neon goby or sharknose goby (perching fish, are "cleaners")

Randall's assesor basslet (can swim upside down, a shy fish but will eventually hang in the open when given enough time to adjust)

Blackline fang blenny (open water swimmer, bold, always out)

Red sea mimic blenny (percher, will behave like a tailspot, picks at the algae on rocks).

All these fish are actually also available as captive bred.

Only damsel I would try is a springers.

L.bacchus88

Yeah, I know lol that's why I didn't want one. My fish are so peaceful. I'll just get a royal gramma and mayyyybe one more fish after in the future- but for 29g I think 4 is prob good. I was at Reefapalooza last weekend and picked up a frostbite and an orange clown. Beautiful! :-)

StinkyBunny

Springer's damsels are quite peaceful, I have 2 pairs here and other than the odd chin music they give each other, they keep to themselves.

Chromis prefer groups I thought, so I wasn't going to go that route. :-)

They actually live just fine singly, and usually healthier that way in a small tank.

REEFerMAdNESS88

you could do a black velvet damsel: black with awesome neon blue stripes. yes they are kinda mean and eventually he will get bigger. I would not think he would mess with the clowns sense they where there first. And if im not mistaking jawfish is a bottom dweller so should not be an issue there either. I keep one in my 29 along with a occ clown blufin damsel and Lawnmower blenny

211551.jpg

MrNanoReef

Cherub pygmy angel, had one in my 12G long nano and she was very active and well behaved until she jumped out of the tank :(

p-66609-Pygmy-Cherub.jpg

Archived