SaltCritters.com

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

Lol me too! When I first saw it, I thought holy crap! He cracked it!

Same here :lol:

Spectra, how'd you manage to get your salinity so close by just randomly dumping half a bag of salt in?

• Like 2

Wow Spectra! Glad u caught the heater!

And, like the others, I was like, wtf? A crack in the tank? Then u posted that the line was from ur RO/DI.

Then I realized what I was seeing.

Have fun with that bad boy!

Well did a quick check on the Milwaukee Salinity checker and 1.025 so................tossed in 80lbs of Fiji Pink...............

Looks like the water at the shit plant down the road :unsure: on my last beer so evening is coming to an end...........

IMG_2962.jpg

With what you eat.....it's no wonder.

They should charge you more.

• Like 4

Same here :lol:

Spectra, how'd you manage to get your salinity so close by just randomly dumping half a bag of salt in?

Well just lucky I guess.....probably not but who knows. I am sure it will change a little as I need some more water in there. Going to turn the pumps on and see what happens in a few.

• Like 3

Pulled the rock out of the bucket and just kind of placed it temporarily in the tank. Kind of what I am looking for but needs some work.

IMG_2968.jpg

Actually just glad to get the rock bucket out of the garage :lol:

Also need to mount the light but the ATI is missing the hanging kit........need to order one now.

• Like 10

Those are some nicely shaped big rocks. So many big rocks just look like generic boulders.

Thanks the two on the right were actually one rock. I took my diamond blade on a grinder and went all the way around then a hack saw blade went the rest of the way. Bottoms are really flat ;) That is one thing I like about the pukani it cuts really easy. That really short piece in the front on the left is also a cut off. Need to work on it a little more but just trying to get a cycle going. Rock has been soaking for 3 months at least.

• Like 2

Ok kind of like it but still think its missing a few things........I like the big rock on the left as I can see the tank from that corner as I walk by it all the time. The right side not so much as there is a wall.......I need to look into my rock collection and see what I can cut down. I feel like I need some more lower stuff. I do not want a bunch of high rocks as tank is a lagoon and not tall at all. I also want plenty of swimming room and sand.............

IMG_2972.jpg

• Like 10

Yeah, you don't need much- a low lying piece of rock on the front left where the reflection is toward the front. GSP accent rock? it'll never leave the rock!

• Like 1

Yeah, you don't need much- a low lying piece of rock on the front left where the reflection is toward the front. GSP accent rock? it'll never leave the rock!

I like that idea and am planning on some GSP somewhere on the sand bed. I do have a few good chunks in the 40 in the garage. I just have them on the sand in that tank also.

I would like to find some decent magnets and make my own rock on the back wall.........another project for a rainy day I guess.....

• Like 3

I'd leave it man.......you actually did a good job!

Thanks I think ;)

Still need to hang the light.......and a whole lot of other shit to.......

Biggest thing is the sand keeps moving around.......pump is on maybe 3/8s speed.......I need a bulldozer to keep it level in there.......

Well was going to run a CA reactor but said bag that idea........Neptune DOS is on its way. I do not plan on a heavy SPS theme but if need be I will toss the dosing system and go reactor.

• Like 1

Wiring up the ATI now..........drinking a beer so hopefully don't go poof :o wait for pics of a nice looking ATI hanging over the tank or a really expensive tank decoration sitting on the sand bed :lol:

• Like 3

holy hell this is nice and the nanobox on the fuge to top it off ;)

Well I have a few nanobox lights..... I have told a few people I think I made Daves house payment a few times :lol: But hey I like the set up and it looks great ;)

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well update time diatoms have started :rolleyes: 75 snails ordered along with a few gorgonians and some macro for the fuge. All coming from GCA. Also was at the local store and they are moving so grabbed the remaining chromis they had as I needed some swimmers. Also a few snails that they had but nothing major.

IMG_3040.jpg

• Like 5