SaltCritters.com

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

I like how your garage pictures have blue reef tank lighting :)

Looks great! What does the overflow box look like from the display side?

Well there is a 20K radium about a foot away :lol: ATI took a crap and had to get another power supply......I never hooked it back up just left it old school.

Here is a pic from before but can get a better one tomorrow I am crashing soon......getting old sucks :lol:

IMG_2550.jpg

• Like 2

Well even though it does not count according to Stella :lol: here is one more pic after the return is finished......tomorrow I will fill and leak test this thing for a week or so.......stay tuned :blink:

IMG_2734.jpg

• Like 3

Ok, these count as updates :D there's a lot of them!!

So is the overflow box cut into the back glass?

No there are 2 holes drilled in the glass and the inside box is about an inch thick. It blends real well. I will get better pics tomorrow after its filled and running......unless I drink to many beers waiting for it to fill :blink:

• Like 2

No there are 2 holes drilled in the glass and the inside box is about an inch thick. It blends real well. I will get better pics tomorrow after its filled and running......unless I drink to many beers waiting for it to fill :blink:

That's what I was trying to figure out when I asked for the picture of the other side. Stella's better with her words than I am :)

I really like the way you're doing this. I'm taking lots of notes for my Big Boy tank someday.

PS: that light looks like a tanning machine on steroids.

• Like 2

Looks good, Spec!

Thanks now just need to drag it into the house and figure out where it will go :blink:

only 8 steps or so to get it in...................

• Like 2

Thanks now just need to drag it into the house and figure out where it will go :blink:

And you bitched at me because my 66 took s long time to set up!! Remember?!? I say it will be a miracle if you have it in before Halloween with how busy you've been

• Like 1

Looks great! But it will be easier to move it if you drain the water first, I promise.

• Like 2

And you bitched at me because my 66 took s long time to set up!! Remember?!? I say it will be a miracle if you have it in before Halloween with how busy you've been

Hey now I did not bitch at all on the 66 you have me confused........ I came in on the plumbing issue you had :P not my fault you could not put a to b......... :P

Looks great! But it will be easier to move it if you drain the water first, I promise.

Ya think :lol:

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

Jeez... this will be stella status soon... 4 pages and it's only just he leak checked?

Yup its like a turtle moving around :lol: Sorry I am busy I have other shit going on...........busy day was up at 5 and was off to work to finish up another stand and then back home for a few other things........but wait for it........I did get the tank in the house :blink:

IMG_2894.jpg

• Like 8
Cencalfishguy56

Yup its like a turtle moving around :lol: Sorry I am busy I have other shit going on...........busy day was up at 5 and was off to work to finish up another stand and then back home for a few other things........but wait for it........I did get the tank in the house :blink:

IMG_2894.jpg

ooooh now that's sexy
  • Like 1

IMG_2894.jpg

Wow......your like an idiot savant with stands.

Nicely done!

• Like 5

All these compliments.....I can feel spectras head swelling from here.

:^ )

Na I already knew I had skilz :lol: I should just say I am so flippen anal that I wont let shit slide when doing something.......I think I have a bunch of left over wood as it did not pass the test when building......I know I don't want to look at crap and to be honest I feel if people just take the time anyone can really do it. Hell I am only a welder not a carpenter but have been around construction all my life and shit has just rubbed off I guess........plus having tools helps also ;)

Wow... the stand looks so good!!

Looks phenomenal!

Gorgeous job on the build Spectra! That stand is just beautiful, I'll definitely be using a welded metal stand next time round.

Damn this is looking good. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Thanks everyone! I cant wait to get it done also........Stells said Halloween so we will see :lol:

• Like 5