ReefCleaners.org

Introducing The NANO REVOLUTION POB Mini Sump/Refugium

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs™ offers innovative solutions in Nano Reefing. We're proud to introduce our latest innovation, the Nano Revolution POB Mini Sump/Refugium. It's time to set a new standard in Nano Reef keeping!

Oceanbox Designs™ Nano Revolution POB (Place-On-Back) Mini Sump is an “external” Sump/Refugium custom designed to sit on the back of an aquarium providing the ultimate Nano Reef filtration. The Nano Revo sump provides the ultimate all-in-one mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration system. The extra added volume of approx 6 gallons can support the extra bio-load to house more fishes and corals as demanded.

27908172605_be2278a0ff_c.jpg

27629813160_55eda78def_c.jpg

27295244243_244f472412_c.jpg

27831309971_d40b051753_c.jpg

27629813250_d04967b853_c.jpg

Installation is moderately easy and only required securing the overflow box to the corner of the tank using aquarium safe silicone. Install the intake pump and set the filter on the back of your tank. The typical sump setup required drilling the tank and having complicated plumbing which can be a difficult task for some (if not most) hobbyist, this setup keeps it simple, fast, and effective.

27629813060_abc4de87b7_c.jpg

Extended filtration options can be added optionally such as a nano size skimmer and the ability to grow macro algae (Chaetomorpha) and pods in the refugium area to reduce Nitrate/Phosphate is the key to running a thriving Nano Reef system.

Mr Aqua 12L w/Oceanbox Designs POB Mini Sump

27297290944_0950f8f4df_c.jpg

Product Details: Https://Oceanboxdesigns.Com/Product/Nano-Revo-Pob-Sump/

Features and Specifications:

• Tank Compatibility: 9.5″ Tall Rimless (i.e. Mr Aqua 12G Long, AquaMaxx 9.1G Long Cuboid)
  • Dimensions: 24″L X 5″W X 12.25″H
  • Volume: ~6 Gallons
  • Chamber Configuration: | Intake - 5″X4.5″ | Media Racks - 3″X4.5″ | Refugium - 14″X4.5″ |
  • 2x Modular Media Racks
  • Adjustable Outflow Flare Nozzle
  • Designed And Hand-Crafted In The USA!

Included:

• Nano Revolution POB Sump w/Plumbing Parts (Assembled).
  • 2x Media Racks.
  • Overflow Box.
  • 1/2″ Flexible Hose.

Your Requirement:

• Aquarium Safe Silicone.
  • Eheim Compact 600 Pump.

Optional INTEGRATED ATO/DOSING Tubes Holder:

27820666382_88258ca830.jpg

Oceanbox Designs

That's a very well thought out design, looks great too!

Thank you! My original version has been running on my 12L nano reef tank for almost 2 years now, so not only it has been thought out but also have been proven working well. This latest model has been perfected in features and craftsmanship quality with some of the improvement missing or weren't working well from the original design: https://oceanboxdesigns.com/portfolio/pob-sump/

Here is a close up shot of a client's setup, he (and the lady) was so impressed with the craftmanship and how easy it was to set this up, more so that he keeps sending me updates of his tank, which i'm very happy every time I get an update from him :)

27643913510_e07faa8fc3_c.jpg

Looks great! I remember following your original build of this two years ago and being super jealous or your acrylic fabrication skills :)

I'm glad to see you're bringing this on the market!

Oceanbox Designs

Looks great! I remember following your original build of this two years ago and being super jealous or your acrylic fabrication skills :)

I'm glad to see you're bringing this on the market!

Thank you! It's a concept that I have been contemplating for a while now and while it was running on my own tank from the get go and I love it, I wasn't sure there was any interests besides myself. I've had at least a few people asking what is that "box" behind my tank and when I pointed them to the original POB sump, they all felt in love with the way it is setup and how easy it was to get one up and running with all the filtration option possibility. One critical sold point of this setup is that it is external so it doesn't take up much tank estate (except for the 2.5" thick overflow box) in an already narrow tank. Believe it or not, before it was announced the unit in the picture already has an owner plus two more in the work. I'm excited and looking forward to seeing more Nano Reef aquarium set up with the Nano Revo sump.

Here is a custom POB sump I made a while back for a standard 10G glass tank. Read the full review.

27682704510_4841c12c78_c.jpg

27927662146_ba751f2c44_c.jpg

27927662246_c6e91eced2_c.jpg

Oceanbox Designs

Looks awesome dude!

Thanks! I'm glad to finally be able to bring this to the market and my hope was to make it easy for anyone to be able to setup and running a thriving Nano reef with the more flexible filtration possibility. Although some may argue that just doing water change is enough...but what about people with busy life and work? sometime you don't have time to keep doing wc weekly or even bi-weekly. For me, I'm doing wc once every 3-4 weeks now, the refugium helped absorbing some of the Nitrate and possibly Phosphate and keeping them in check. My Nitrate always stay 0 so I can keep feeding the corals and fishes and getting them as fat as I want :)

nice!

Oceanbox Designs

One brand new Nano Revolution Sump w/overflow box heading out to to FL. I'm starting to get a hang of larger shipment :)

For Aquamaxx/Mr Aqua 22L fans looking into setting up one of these beautiful long Nano Reef with our Nano Revo sump, there will be an option for you too. Stay tuned for an exciting update...

27989008075_5f4592fa3a_c.jpg

27708897460_94dfdd1b18_c.jpg

Archived