ReefCleaners.org

Thoughts on 30l scape

Johnsamm

This is my current scape idk I always feel like I'm not 100% satisfied with what I put together this is the third one I did just looking for some opinions to what other people thought

I really like that but it seems just a bit out of balance to the left.. and I would remove (or move) that little triangle rock in the center to break it up into two separate structures.

also something you'll want to keep in mind, you want enough space between rocks and glass that you can easily clean the glass. looks pretty close on the left side.

oh and I guess WELCOME to Nano-Reef! :welcome:

Yea I could do that I feel like I have to much bulky rock it's hard to stack and make somethin decent out of

I really like your arch structures, but depending on how secure they are once you figure out how you want them you might think about securing them together so they don't tumble when you get snails.. I would use an epoxy stick and some super glue.

There pretty secure now kinda heavy when I put them together they stay but when I mix it up a lil I have glue here to make it a permanent thing

post-91687-0-27364300-1466709506_thumb.jpg

post-91687-0-78264800-1466709603_thumb.jpg

Looks good. In my opinion I would remove the center triangle rock as said above and also the rock on top of the right pillar or make the right pillar lower.

Rule of thirds

And as far as having bulky rock...im setting up a new tank and i'm about to rip all the rock out of it because what I bought was too bulky...its hard to stack that bulky rock.

That looks nice man yea I wish I woulda got some bigger sized rocks

Current rearrangement

What kind of light set up do u have

post-91687-0-62086500-1466857725_thumb.jpg

Thank you. Keep in mind where you want to place coral. Scape will eventually be covered by it so you want lots of places to pilace coral.

That looks nice man yea I wish I woulda got some bigger sized rocks Current rearrangement What kind of light set up do u have

Much better IMO! Looks good!

• 2 months later...

Sorry for not replying I havent been on in a while lol. I know its been 2 months but might as well reply to your Q now.

The light is a current USA orbit marine 36 inch. Not a super powerful light but since its only 2" or so off the water and the tank is less than a foot deep, theres no problem keeping soft and lps coral. If you intend to keep high demanding lps or sps, current marine recommend two of these units, but I would probably go for something more powerful all together. A great beginner light, the main reason I bought it was because of the programmable light controller that comes with it, as I cant always be there to turn it on in a morning and off at night.

I dont know youre location but since im from the UK I had to have it shipped from America, so you may want to consider that if youre from outside the US.

Lets get a picture from you to see how the tanks going. Heres mine.

post-91131-0-51548600-1472330166_thumb.jpg

Archived