Cultivated Reef

Maybe hydroid? ID request.

seuadr

Hi,

I have removed some worms that appeared to be setting up shop behind one of my power heads.

They kind of look like hydroxide pictures I've seen, but I'm not 100% sure. Hard to tell from the pictures, but they are round, not at all flat. Those are about the size of an index fingernail, so like a little less than a half inch?

Thanks for your time.

post-79868-0-15181900-1465951187_thumb.jpg

post-79868-0-25873700-1465951198_thumb.jpg

Maybe? Nothing new has been added to the tank for a good 6+ months, so i am assuming they have been somewhere I didn't see them.

I found one just like those in my biocube29 when removing a rock to transfer a coral - I too was shocked as I had never seen one in the tank.

I've seen a few in my tank - usually they're just nomming on the biofilm and/or algae film on my glass. I don't think I've seen them catch a copepod or anything, actually.

awesome. thanks guys. I have never seen anything like that in the tank, but i probably just didn't notice them before (or they've been where i couldn't see them)

makes me feel better - i love all the weird stuff you can find in reefs - as long as it isn't hazardous to the other occupants!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived