inTank Media Baskets

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

Bubbly RBTA! omgomgomg

I've been reducing feeding just a little bit, and was gone overnight on Saturday, so the tank only got pellets on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know if the reduced feeding had anything to do with it, or maybe just reduced nutrients in the water, but I'm really happy about it, whatever the cause :)

30250077380_483c06f648_b.jpgRBTA by TeenyReef, on Flickr

:wub: That BTA is gorgeous!

• Like 2

Thanks! I'm not too optimistic the emerald crab will do much good, but he's cute and he's good for general cleanup anyway.

The emerald I had in the 10g got too big, but I'm hoping this guy won't outgrow the 40.

Be mighty careful...I just had to expel my second emerald. The first one, a dainty girl, was digging food out of my rfas' mouths. The second one, a burly male, was caught green clawed clearly eating the tip of my blue tenuis. I know they are crabs, opportunistic and all, but there was plenty of food on the tank, and he just set his sights on my coral. Man was he hard to get out too. Strong little bastard!
  • Like 2

Be mighty careful...I just had to expel my second emerald. The first one, a dainty girl, was digging food out of my rfas' mouths. The second one, a burly male, was caught green clawed clearly eating the tip of my blue tenuis. I know they are crabs, opportunistic and all, but there was plenty of food on the tank, and he just set his sights on my coral. Man was he hard to get out too. Strong little bastard!

Oh yeah, been there done that in the 10g tank. When I bought the crab I told the LFS owner I'd probably be bringing it back in a few months. My emerald in the 10g would wait until the pumps were off and the acans had all swallowed their mysis shrimp, and then reach right down their throats to pull out the mysis.

The acans learned they are much more important than the emerald crab :lol:

:wub: That BTA is gorgeous!

Thanks, Rachel :flower:

Red mithrax :wub:

They're awesome!

:( Boo. and I'm sorry about Sheldon!

Yep, when they've eaten all the bubbles in your tank you can send them to me :D

I have no idea what happened to Sheldon. He was always pretty shy, so I was used to not seeing him out much. But he's definitely gone now :(

Looks awesome teeny! Love the half pantheon looking rock wall. And of course bubbly love

PGR! Thanks for stopping by! Time to go visit your thread B)

• Like 1

I'm thinkin... Maybe if you swap the TV and the tank it'll be just right. :lol:

Seriously, though, just add a cocktail. Poifect.

It should be about 150 gallons in place of the TV :lol:

Tonight it will be beer while watching that tank and the World Series. Probably from the inside of my eyelids after about the third inning. B)

Looks like fun! Wish I was there.....

We should have a N-R LOTR/reef watching party!

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian

It should be about 150 gallons in place of the TV :lol:

Tonight it will be beer while watching that tank and the World Series. Probably from the inside of my eyelids after about the third inning. B)

We should have a N-R LOTR/reef watching party!

If I lived in VA.

• Like 1

Bubbly RBTA! omgomgomg

I've been reducing feeding just a little bit, and was gone overnight on Saturday, so the tank only got pellets on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know if the reduced feeding had anything to do with it, or maybe just reduced nutrients in the water, but I'm really happy about it, whatever the cause :)

30250077380_483c06f648_b.jpgRBTA by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I love this pic! So much bubbly deliciousness!
  • Like 1

I love this pic! So much bubbly deliciousness!

Thanks, Dawn! I love this RBTA, the colors are just so intense. I'm glad he finally decided to start bubbling.

In the meantime, I did a water change and took a few quick pictures. I'll drag the tripod out for a "real" fts next month, but I got a quick handheld shot to show how things are coming along.

30590694981_b0c96e6803_b.jpg2016-10-30 IM40 FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Top down:

30378547480_b53a617bd8_b.jpg2016-10-30 IM40 Top Down by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The zoa garden is really coming along - I can't wait for it to get all filled in. All the zoas are developing nice colors and seem to be thriving in this spot in the tank on the sandbed.

30378704200_c35f0035f7_b.jpgZoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

A close up of some of the ones up front:

30378702570_60f123c733_b.jpgZoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 12

Your colors are incredible I just love it when you show top downs. And it looks like you still have blues on when you take your pics?

Thanks! I do keep the blues on, but I bring the whites up a lot higher for the pictures. Usually the whites are about 65% with the blues at about 95% for pictures. The white balance on the camera still gets really confused and takes pictures that are too blue/purple. I adjust the white balance in Lightroom until it looks like it does in real life.

• Like 3

The tank is looking great! The zoa garden is looking stunning! I also really love the pop of orange on your coral beauty. Its a gorgeous fish :)

Thanks, Felicia! The angel is the centerpiece of the tank, and I'm pretty sure he knows it :lol:

• Like 2

Thanks! I do keep the blues on, but I bring the whites up a lot higher for the pictures. Usually the whites are about 65% with the blues at about 95% for pictures. The white balance on the camera still gets really confused and takes pictures that are too blue/purple. I adjust the white balance in Lightroom until it looks like it does in real life.

Wow. No wonder. I don't have neither of mine very high so my pics turn out darker.

• Like 1

Wow. No wonder. I don't have neither of mine very high so my pics turn out darker.

Bump your ISO up too.

John - Tank is looking great. You have me eying down a RBTA now...

• Like 3

Bump your ISO up too.

John - Tank is looking great. You have me eying down a RBTA now...

Thanks, I'll have to check what my ISO is on my phone.

• Like 1

Teeny! Cyclops Pumpkin. Halloween Costest Thread. NOW. XD

:)

Done!

I'll repost here because it's so funny, though.

So my ten year old daughter got complete creative control over the pumpkin carving this year. She drew the design on the pumpkin and I faithfully cut it out exactly as she drew it.

After some consideration, she decided to make a "cyclops" pumpkin. When I saw what she drew, I decided to just go with it B)

30675598955_c63f622f86_b.jpg20161030_185714.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The best part is, she named it "Donald". Her two older siblings are dying :lol:

Here are Jasper and Molly in their cowboy outfits.

30089564803_c958beb1a2_b.jpgdownload_20161101_223616.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Jasper enjoyed it. Molly, on the other hand...

30089565353_a8a61bd301.jpgdownload_20161101_223638.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

"Kill me now..."

• Like 10