inTank Media Baskets

Brightwell's Reef BioFuel, MicroBacter7 & NeoPhos

NYfishies

Hi all,

I am interesting in using the subject products in an effort to maintain the nitrogen cycle in my 2 reef tanks. Does anybody else use these for this reason (keeping Carbon, Nitrogen and Phosphorus in check/balance)?

Both tanks are well over a year old so quite mature and stable. Corals/fish are doing well. Both are stocked decently with fish, have a ton of CUC and plenty of corals. I feed a large amount of frozen food once a day and the coral twice a week. I do water changes twice per month between 15-25%. Both tanks run floss and Chemi-Pure Blue with skimmers.

This week I began to use Reef BioFuel and MicroBacter7, but not NeoPhos yet.

My mixed reef (IM 40g), which is essentially SPS and Softies, has the below parameters:

Alk @ 8.91 dKH

Ca @ 515 ppm

Mg @ 1360 ppm

NO3 @ 20 ppm

PO4 @ 0.22 ppm

Salt @ 1.026 ppm

Temp @ 78 degrees

pH @ 8.05 - 8.35

I am currently dosing:

Alk @ 18.5 ml /day

Ca @ 17.5 ml /day

Mg @ 25 ml /month

MicroBacter7 @ 5 ml /week

Reef BioFuel @ 2.5 ml /day

Reef Roids, Reef Chili and AcroPower twice /week

My zoa garden (custom 20g with sump and frag tank), which is 100% zoas and palys, has the below parameters:

Alk @ 8.68 dKH

Ca @ 457 ppm

Mg @ 1340 ppm

NO3 @ 17 ppm

PO4 @ 0.07 ppm

Salt @ 1.026 ppm

Temp @ 78 degrees

pH @ 8.1 - 8.5

I am currently dosing:

Alk @ 5 ml /day

Ca @ 1.7 ml /day

Mg @ 25 ml /month

MicroBacter7 @ 2.5 ml /week

Reef BioFuel @ 1.25 ml /day

Reef Roids, Reef Chili and Fuel twice /week

My goal for both is to run the PO4 around 0.02-0.06 ppm and the NO3 around 10-15 ppm while enhancing the microbial growth and reproduction in the system which should lead to a cleaner and healthier tank.

I am a bit confused as to how much MB7 I should be dosing. It is also too soon to tell if this works or not.

I really appreciate any input!

Archived