Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bonded SA snowflake question

Dolphins18

Dolphins18

Looking to add a bonded pair of snowflakes to my 90g reef. I'm hoping they will host as I have about 15 rbta's all around each other. The pair I would get are about 2" and 1.3". My only question is what is the likely outcome with me adding them while there is a 1.5" occelarris in there now. I don't want any fighting and understand that clowns don't typically get along in groups but find it hard to believe that the little guy in there now will be able to bully the pair to death. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Someone may not die now but will eventually. Especially when a pair becomes established and wants to breed. There is also no telling if the occy in there now may split the pair up and pair with one.

Just re-home the clownfish you have now. Trade him in for credit or free.

Dolphins18

That was my first thought. Then I remembered the last time I attempted to get a fish out of this tank. There is no way I can move rock around as almost all the Rock is completely covered in corals or anemones. Is it worth attempting to add the pair initially and then attempting to remove the clown afterwards? I mean is there any chance they won't disturb each other? Thank you very much your feedback is very appreciated.

You know adding clowns to a tank that already has a clown is a bad idea, you seem to be trying to convince yourself around that fact. Either remove the clown you have or don't add the others. As Tamberav stated above the chances of something getting killed eventually are likely. Hoping for a better outcome and ignoring the most likely bad one is just negligent and a d**k move IMO.

Dolphins18

I know, I was just seeing if there was anyway I didn't know of. I'll try and find him a good home as I do not like taking fish to my LFS. Thanks for the input.

That was my first thought. Then I remembered the last time I attempted to get a fish out of this tank. There is no way I can move rock around as almost all the Rock is completely covered in corals or anemones. Is it worth attempting to add the pair initially and then attempting to remove the clown afterwards? I mean is there any chance they won't disturb each other? Thank you very much your feedback is very appreciated.

What about a fish trap? Clowns are pretty greedy feeders. I think there are plenty of tutorials on DIY ones.

I have a pair of snowflakes and I would be pretty devastated if they were killed so I don't feel the risk is worth it. Some snowflakes can cost a premium.

Dolphins18

Yes I plan on trying that. I will also try catching him at night or putting some food in a net. The first thing I would like to do is find him a good home to go to.

Archived