Pod Your Reef

Back at it with my hands in a 40s - Cuboy's IM Nuvo 40

cuboy

It's been a long time since I've been back in this hobby. Recently dusted off my AP12 and sold it.

I have a IM Nuvo 40
Eshopps PSK 75H skimmer

Tunze 9004 skimmer
100w eheim heater
Jebao PP4
xR15w Pro light
hydor ATO

Just finished up my rock scape
Going to pour in 20lbs of sand and water this week

Pictures are front view the. Top down

post-38114-0-90388600-1464092392_thumb.jpeg

post-38114-0-10981800-1464092404_thumb.jpeg

The Cycle begins. Still debating if I should get more sand or keep it as it is. I'm going to check salinity level tomorrow before I Mix my last 5g to fill the tank.

Also, still deciding if I should get 2x4outlet ADJ units or a outlet unit and remove a shelf inside the stand. I was about to purchase he 4prong when I found out the outlets are on the top of the unit instead of the back.

Also ordered a tunze 9004 skimmer for a more minimalistic look than the hob skimmer. I really wanted the IM midsize Ghost so I can use my overflow chamber media rack, but the reviews are hit or miss on it.

post-38114-0-37181800-1464419613_thumb.jpeg

Following! I just ordered an IM40 the other day so I'm a few weeks behind you.

I went with the Tunze 9004 instead of the IM Desktop for the same reason, I've never been all that happy with my smaller desktop ghost.

Following! I just ordered an IM40 the other day so I'm a few weeks behind you.

I went with the Tunze 9004 instead of the IM Desktop for the same reason, I've never been all that happy with my smaller desktop ghost.

Haha yeah, I got my tank about 3 weeks ago. Got the rocks maybe 2 weeks ago and got my awuascape together last weekend. Finally happy with the rock scape. Saw your thread as well, very interested to see how it turns out!

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up getting the buddeez container at petsmart for $18. It was Cheaper than Amazon!

Fits perfectly in the Im stand and I run the wires through the kid spout . Only thing is it's not airtight so I'm sure water would spill out if I tried to transport it with water.

post-38114-0-16385700-1465467009_thumb.jpeg

post-38114-0-75063400-1465467039_thumb.jpeg

Picked up 2 American DJ PC4 and tried to mount it using 3M command strips to the front of my stand but it didn't fasten secure enough

It was almost perfect, instead I had to mount it to the back

post-38114-0-45924600-1465467248_thumb.jpeg

post-38114-0-24712100-1465467337_thumb.jpeg

HarryPotter

Ended up getting the buddeez container at petsmart for $18. It was Cheaper than Amazon!

Fits perfectly in the Im stand and I run the wires through the kid spout . Only thing is it's not airtight so I'm sure water would spill out if I tried to transport it with water.

I use the same, 10g container.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the same, 10g container.

That's a great idea! I still have my 3g container for my new 40g and I was looking for something bigger. This looks perfect :)
  • 3 weeks later...

My cycle is over. The wife bought me my first fish and frags for the new tank

Lyretail Anthias

Candy canes

Hammer

Green mushroom

Purple hornets

And an orange thing for herself. Lol. I think it's a peltata?

post-38114-0-97046800-1467587898_thumb.jpeg

Those look great! That definitely looks like a Peltata. I used to have a yellow scroll coral, which is another type of Turbinaria, and the polyps looked just the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up more stuff for the tank.

Blue hornet zoa

Frogspawn

Orange Rics

Rastas zoa

Bowser zoa

Duncans

Sakura sunshine zoa

A favia piece. I think it's a Christmas favia , the colors are developing

And a few more

Purple firefish

Tri color fairy wrasse

post-38114-0-48948800-1468339585_thumb.jpeg

post-38114-0-67452300-1468339642_thumb.jpeg

Also it took a while but finally got the 2 lyretail anthias eating pellets. I'm looking for a 3rd anthias to add, not sure if I'll get another lyretail or a different kind.

Also adding liquid reef to the tank every few days.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks great! How's the RBTA doing? I'm thinking about one for my IM40 :)

Rbta is doing great. It hasn't moved an inch in a few weeks. I didn't keep its bubbles , but during peak hours it's opens up pretty wide and shrinks up at night. It bubbles up during the dimming hours.

I added a lot to my tank during these past few weeks. To name a few

Bbeb zoa

Orange bam bam zoa

Gobstopper zoa

Red monticap

Purple monticap

Superman mushroom

Orange mushroom

An acan piece

Green tip torch

A gold wall hammer, but it's more of an orange color.

The other week, one of my anthias passed away, he started to developer a hunch back look. My other anthias is doing just fine.

Added a peppermint shrimp to handle the aptasiA. Took it a few days and finally a few of my aptasia became 70% gone. A day later I came home and my hermits were all over what looked like a shrimp molt. It's been a week and half,I haven't seen the peppermint since.

Last week, I add a fan to my tank to help cool it down during the summer went from 82+ to 78/79

• 2 months later...

been travelling quit ea bit these past 2 months, delaing with some red slime algae and GHA and couldn't get rid of it. Got a turbo and he took care of most of my GHA but all the water changes and siphon isn't doing anything for the red slime algae. I recently used chem clean friday night and it has cleared 90% of it up.

Also, i finally got to add a few new stuff to my tank:

sunny D's

fire and ice

utter chaos

gold torn

green torch

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some new davinci clowns and replaced my mocha

I also got tons of acans and chalice. Need to snap pictures soon!

Excellent additions and I agree, pictures needed :)
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow haven't had an update in a while. My RBTa split back in feb, so I sold the split and a few days later it started to move, no where dangerous but I removed it to be safe than sorry. When I removed it, it was basically splitting again. I do missing having the rbta in my tank but it basically took over a quarter of the tank.

since then, nothing too new except a few new sps pieces. Pink lemonade, strawberry shortcake, bonsai, red milli, red digita, and either a miyagi/purple planet tort. 

Added a mp40 as well. Here's a vid from 3/16

past 2 months since then, I've been a bit lazy and I'm starting to get red slime algae again. 

Archived