Coral Vue Hydros

identify, Eggs?

Pjanssen

26596053024_b309446a87.jpgeggs? by Penny, on Flickr

I often find these on top of my flattest rock. I noticed today that they appeared after one of my urchins had been hanging out there. Could just be coincidence. Doesn't look like anything when I researched the WEB. Looks like fish food pellets, but much lighter in color. sometimes I suck them up. If I don't get to them then they disappear on their own. I'm assuming something eats them.

JavaJacketOC

If you believe it might be your urchin try a google search of that urchin species eggs, you might be able to find some pictures that you can use for comparison....they look like rock colored bounce shrooms to me, lol.

If you believe it might be your urchin try a google search of that urchin species eggs, you might be able to find some pictures that you can use for comparison....they look like rock colored bounce shrooms to me, lol.

not really any good pics available on WEB, mostly just scientific detailed drawings. Bounce shrooms? I'll have to look that one up.

definitely NOT bounce mushrooms. I Wish! Those things are pricey, and way prettier than what I have.

I'm going to take some out and see if I can see them better with a magnifying glass. Wish I had a microscope

Most likely sterile urchin eggs. I take it the urchin does not have a mate.

There are two urchins in the tank. Whether one is male and one is female IDK. Chances of them (the eggs) staying in the tank long enough to be fertilized anyway are pretty slim.

It would be fun I guess to see little baby urchins, but the last thing my tank needs is more PITAS.

Archived