Cultivated Reef

Fish ideas!

polishtank

polishtank

Hey guys i have a 35 gallon reef tank with just a pistol and yasha goby! What other fish would safe to add to this pair! Any help would be awesome cause i got the tank for a goby shrimp match but want to add more life! Thanks!

What do you like? You can research fish here: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15

Here's another list you can refer to: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/74703-lgreens-ultimate-guide-to-nano-fish/

Clownfish are common in nano reef tanks. You might also consider one of the following:

• six line wrasse or pygmy wrasse
  • chromis
  • Kaudern's cardinalfish
  • royal gramma
  • dottyback
SaltwaterShoup

I've had great luck with Banggai Cardinalfish. Really peaceful fish that are great to look at. Admittedly they can be tough to feed, but mine took to spirulina after only eating mysis for a couple weeks.

I would go for a clown pair to keep the theme of symbiosis and pairing going (goby and pistol shrimp pair).

polishtank

Would a reinford goby be ok with the yasha goby that is paired? I know not to keep same kinds of gobies together but curious if these too will be fine since there different types of gobies!

Clowns should be last despite what people think. I had clowns in the past that became bullies.

To give you an idea, my 36 Gallon display currently houses the following:

• Sunburst Anthias
  • Yellow Coris Wrasse
  • Tri Color Fairy Wrasse
  • Melanurus Wrasse
  • Percula Pair
  • Green Chromis

Might even add a sand sifting goby later.

They are all peaceful

Thanks guys do you think a clown and goby will get along together?

They will be fine together.

Would a reinford goby be ok with the yasha goby that is paired? I know not to keep same kinds of gobies together but curious if these too will be fine since there different types of gobies!

Gobies are usually fine with other species of gobies. I don't think that would be a problem.

Archived