Top Shelf Aquatics

jbj 28g new setup. third chamber waterfall issue. looking for mods

takevin

Hi all. So just set up my new used jbj nanotank 28g. Stock pumps, have new ones on the way. Only mods so far are intank bsket and all led lighting. This is a freshwater tank btw. Anyway, the third chamber is less than half full, even with basket out. Turn off power and water level comes up. Turn power on, it goes back down. Is that normal or no? Not sure why its doing that. It's like water isnt coming in fast enough. Also heard but not seen on cutting/trimming plastic from diet and second chamber. Any pics links for that?

It is safe to fill in the back chambers. Water will always seek it's level.

I Have a JBJ 28g myself....with pumps running I keep my my back chambers full. Otherwise, u will start to suck air.

It's safe :)

I have a biocube 29 and it works the same way. When the pump is off, the water rises to equal out to the display. When I kick the pump on, the water drops to whatever level it wants to, so that my display is always full. Then I just pour water into the back chamber until it gets to the level I want (in my case, the top shelf of my media rack).

It seems like it would pump the excess water you're pouring in into the display, but it doesn't. It stays in the back chamber.

That is normal operation .. Whether sump or AIO water level will fall in the rerun chamber when pumps are on. However, do not go filling up more water in the return chamber .. U need enough space for the water to hold once the pumps are turned off. In a sump beacuse display is higher a too high water height will overflow the sump when rerun is off. In an AIO this will not happen but u still need some space since excess water can cause water levels to be up to the brim in display and back chambers.

Archived