Pod Your Reef

Jackies 6.2 iMagItaRium petco tank build

jstuver

Well I finally gave away the rest of the guppies and live plants I had in this so tomorrow I plan to tear it all down and rinse it out, add new black sand and get it filled back up with water and some live rock. This tank will be a macro/softy tank with maybe some rock flower anemones down the line.

I am still looking for a light in my budget and can't decide on what I want.

Also I had upgraded the return pump because the stock one was so weak but this will need a small powerhead as well seems I couldn't fit a much bigger one in the back chamber, so I need suggestions for that. I am thinking the Hydor pico evo-mag 180 because of their small footprint, but would love some suggestions.

Tank:

Petco 6.2g Imagitarium

Black sand

Future stock list options and thoughts:

pom pom crab pair

sexy shrimp

green banded gobies

Light:

To be determined

Right now it's a finnex planted plus clip on

I will get a pic up as soon as I get everything up and going.

Any suggestions for stock list would be awesome

Well that took a few more days than expected but here it is, the rock scape is not final I just put them in there to get it going. I had planned to buy the Aquamaxx memo nano light but it is out of stock so for now I just have the planted plus light on it:)

A couple crappy cell phone pics

7BD418AE-7442-4823-88ED-FE54C5EBB535_zps

62522CA7-ECD4-4CED-A308-A022AC7BF8D8_zps

Like the scape.

Looks good.[/quote

Thanks not sure if the scape will stay this way but we will see how it goes:)

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to decide if I even want to mess with keeping this tank up. If I do I need to order a light asap as the light over it right now is turning my red macros green, not sure if that means they aren't getting enough light or too much??? Anyway it has a lot of water evaporation too so I would probably need to invest in a auto top off at some point as well....

If I keep it up I will probably have it be a macros and mushrooms tank just not sure it's worth the hassle

It looks huge in the close up but the zoomed out shot puts it in perspective. Looking forward to this build Jackie. :flower:

It totally does lol. Thanks my hubby says to order the light lol, I'm just still on the fence.

Update:

Ordered the light. Figured if I take the tank down I'll just store it with it or sell it locally or use it over my sump:)

Small picture update because I had the good camera out:) No light yet. Marine Depot says it was shipped UPS ground but didn't put a tracking number so who knows what day it will be here or if it's even shipped. Anyway, some of the red macros have turned green does anyone know if it would be a light problem or something else? I did another 3 gallon water change yesterday and stole a couple of my snails from my main tank until I can get an order out in as I was starting to see some green hair algae.

DSC06243_zpsme10mzxf.jpg

I have to say I am highly annoyed/disappointed with Marine Depot right now. The aquamaxx nemo nano light was on backorder I waited for the email to say they were back in stock got that email went on their site and ordered it. I got the confirmation for it but nothing else so I contacted them yesterday(5 days after I placed the order) and got an email this morning telling me that when they went to fulfill my order they were out so they are back ordered again. Now I would have been only a little annoyed if they would have actually contacted me and told me this in the first place but instead I had to contact them otherwise I would have just sat wondering when my light was coming. You would think that if they don't plan to send something they would let you know! Now I need to decide if I want to wait the 2-3 more weeks they expect to be back ordered or figure out something else.

Anyone know anything about Ecoxotic panorama 12W modules? There is a guy locally that is selling two of the 2X 445nm Royal Blue modules, and 2X 12000K White/445nm Blue. I'm wondering if I could use 2 of them for this tank? And just build a cool little box to house them. Would that be enough light too much light? They don't have a dimmer and I don't know if you can buy one for these particular ones?

Ooh I like the scape! How do you like this tank overall? I'm thinking about getting one

Sorry, I don't have experience with the Ecoxotic modules, hopefully someone else will know. Or maybe a google search will turn up some reviews

Ooh I like the scape! How do you like this tank overall? I'm thinking about getting one

Sorry, I don't have experience with the Ecoxotic modules, hopefully someone else will know. Or maybe a google search will turn up some reviews

I'm actually really liking it. I wish I could find a better pump that would fit in the back chamber, I upgraded it to one that is double what the one it came with was but it's such a small chamber I couldn't find many options. So I may have to use some sort of extra powerhead for movement.

I really like the look of the tank though and I think once it starts to grow in and I figure out the light situation that I will begin to really love it.

What a cute tank for GBGs!!!! They will really stand out with the black sand :).

Yeah now I just need to see if the guy on eBay has any because whenever we get any local they are ridiculously priced!

On another note I decided to cancel my order with Marine Depot. A local guy listed a Aqua Illuminations nano on our local board for a good price so I thought I would give it a shot. I will need to build a different arm to hold it as this one goes past the tank and is not high enough to get a good spread but I think we can make something cool. Other than that we will see how I like it. I am not the biggest LED fan so they are hard for me to get use to but I couldn't find a T5 that would fit this small tank so I will just have to live with LED's:)

I'll get a quick shot tomorrow when they come on fully.

How did I miss this?!?!? I love it Jackie!! In regards to how many nems you could get away with, I think with rock flowers, you can add quite a few with no problems. With the water volume, I would just watch the feeding and take out anything they spit out or don't eat. I used to feed mine 2x a week but I just bumped it down to about once every 5-7 days. They seem happy with that!

Yeah now I just need to see if the guy on eBay has any because whenever we get any local they are ridiculously priced!

On another note I decided to cancel my order with Marine Depot. A local guy listed a Aqua Illuminations nano on our local board for a good price so I thought I would give it a shot. I will need to build a different arm to hold it as this one goes past the tank and is not high enough to get a good spread but I think we can make something cool. Other than that we will see how I like it. I am not the biggest LED fan so they are hard for me to get use to but I couldn't find a T5 that would fit this small tank so I will just have to live with LED's:)

I'll get a quick shot tomorrow when they come on fully.

Oh yeah....the eBay guy is GREAT! I still have a pair left from my purchase. And they are going strong :).

Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff from Marine Depot who reached out to me today on here after seeing my post. He explained what had happened on the light and that they will now have a better system in place for such occurrences. I assured him I would still shop there and thought it was awesome that he made sure I knew what happened!

Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff from Marine Depot who reached out to me today on here after seeing my post. He explained what had happened on the light and that they will now have a better system in place for such occurrences. I assured him I would still shop there and thought it was awesome that he made sure I knew what happened!

That's great!! I've always found their customer service to be awesome and Jeff is always so nice and helpful.

Archived