inTank Media Baskets

Long spine urchin

Sal10104

So my longspine urchin is growing like mad. he is at least 8-10 inches now. and I'm worried that he will get bigger than that. does anyone know if he is going to out grow my 75g?

Thanks

CronicReefer

So my longspine urchin is growing like mad. he is at least 8-10 inches now. and I'm worried that he will get bigger than that. does anyone know if he is going to out grow my 75g?

Thanks

That is right around their max size so it shouldn't get too much bigger. Tuxedo and pencil urchins stay around 5" max if you are considering swapping him out.

That is right around their max size so it shouldn't get too much bigger. Tuxedo and pencil urchins stay around 5" max if you are considering swapping him out.

Yeah, if he does get too much bigger I'm going to try and find him a nice home in a bigger tank

Hammerstone

How do you care for an urchin? I don't think I have room for one with all my rock but they sound fun and interesting. I know they like to pick things up to dress all fancy lol. Saw some pictures on here where they were carrying around Zoas lol.

i don't even feed mine. if you have a healthy reef I'm sure he would be fine fine. if you have a reef ridden with algae he will thrive. mine went from 3-4 inches to 8-10 inches in 2 and a half months. they can move their spines a considerable amount to maneuver through your rock structures. just wear really thick gloves when handling them (I.E Moving tank/upgrading) and they can sting

How do you care for an urchin? I don't think I have room for one with all my rock but they sound fun and interesting. I know they like to pick things up to dress all fancy lol. Saw some pictures on here where they were carrying around Zoas lol.

Archived