SaltCritters.com

Used 75 gal for $50- worth it?

Draco

Probably. Make sure the glass is not scratched. See if he'll take less. Petco has sales $1 gallon so you can get a brand new tank for $75. Just won't be pre drilled

I found another, much closer, not drilled for $70. waiting for the poster to get back to me with more info (I hate it when they don't post photos or anything)

Unfortunately, Petco around here does not sell 75 gal aquariums. 55 is the max it seems

Probably. Make sure the glass is not scratched. See if he'll take less. Petco has sales $1 gallon so you can get a brand new tank for $75. Just won't be pre drilled

$/G is only for 10G-55G. A 75G would not be $75.

I asked if he could have it filled with water by the time I got there.. he said he didn't want to waste 75 gallons of water. So.. with that, i am turning it down. Shame, lol.

I asked if he could have it filled with water by the time I got there.. he said he didn't want to waste 75 gallons of water. So.. with that, i am turning it down. Shame, lol.

smart.

$/G is only for 10G-55G. A 75G would not be $75.

too bad. did not know this. thanks

johnmaloney

Used aquariums are generally safe. As long as the glass isn't scuffed up I would go for it. Price is right.

According to Google a gallon of tap water even in California is less than half a cent. It would have cost him 30 cents.

According to Google a gallon of tap water even in California is less than half a cent. It would have cost him 30 cents.

lol, I just got a bad vibe from the guy.. Like you said, it doesn't cost much in water, but the fact he refused to do it made me back off

It is probably a leaker. If you get a bad vibe, then something is very wrong. He wants to get rid of it for a good reason.

he just emailed me saying he's going to put it on the street for garbage pickup if I don't want it.

yea.. probably a leaker if he said that, lol

CronicReefer

he just emailed me saying he's going to put it on the street for garbage pickup if I don't want it.

yea.. probably a leaker if he said that, lol

Once it's on his curb for garbage you can pick it up for free :D.
Thunderbird311

For free + $8 of silicone and a few hours of work is a great deal. Dumpster diving is not for everyone though.

Archived