Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Friends or Foes

Pjanssen

I think thee are two different species, sorry for the bad quality of the second photo. Pretty sure the first one is a flat worm, don't know what the second one is. They are in a bunch of chaeto that I removed from the back of my tank. Should I keep them either in the remaining Chaeto or add them to the main tank, or get rid of them.

26998380252_37f2f05955.jpgIMG_3914 by Penny, on Flickr

26998380562_4927d6afcb.jpgIMG_3909 by Penny, on Flickr

+1 on both Bristle worms and just fine to keep, but if you have a few you have more that you just haven't seen yet. :)

+1 on both Bristle worms and just fine to keep, but if you have a few you have more that you just haven't seen yet. :)

Yes, I'm sure I have a ton, especially in the chaeto. I just wasn't sure if they are good or bad. Unfortunately, I don't see any pods

Hammerstone

Yep bristleworms. They are an awesome clean up crew To have. I have a love hate relationship with them. I don't like to see them and if you touch them it's the gift that keeps on giving with their bristles for a little while. If it does happen to you someone told me that the best remedy is vinegar.?

Alexraptor

Absolutely bristle worms.

Then of course you have fireworms, those are awesome. :)

Except for Hermodice carunculata, thos are not so awesome.

I don't like them in my tank...

yeah, I have a mess of them all of a sudden and need to start getting rid of some. They're creepy :lol:

yeah, I have a mess of them all of a sudden and need to start getting rid of some. They're creepy :lol:

arrow crab!

That is a really cool video. I'm not sure what's creepier, the crab or the bristle worm. It's like two alien creatures. I almost feel bad for the worm, caught in the clutches of the crab just biding his time.

Make sure you know what you want to do with the Arrow Crab once, and if it gets rid of all the worms.. To keep, or not to keep, tis the question..? Its all too common to see people buying fish/inverts to eliminate issues, then once they're gone.. they perish.

erinmegan85

That is a really cool video. I'm not sure what's creepier, the crab or the bristle worm. It's like two alien creatures. I almost feel bad for the worm, caught in the clutches of the crab just biding his time.

Arrow crabs kind of creep me out. I think I'd rather look at the bristle worms. Haha.

Neon dottyback. Tins of bristles in fuge, ziltch in display.

I've only seen the bristle worms in the fuge as well, and I have some kind of dotty back as well. But then, I'm not prone to get up in the middle of the night with a red light to see for sure if there are any in the display or not. At any rate, I don't believe they've caused any problems thus far, so I have no plans to try to eradicate them. I suppose if arrow crabs weren't a threat to feather dusters I might get one because I think they are pretty cool looking.

Archived