SaltCritters.com

Office Distraction v2

dropped

How much did the rainford set you back? I want to get one but I asked an lfs and they said $65.

I paid $45 or $50 for mine. They can be tricky fish. Mine never ate frozen but was constantly grazing on the rocks, lasted about 6 weeks before it disappeared.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much did the rainford set you back? I want to get one but I asked an lfs and they said $65.

I paid $45 or $50 for mine. They can be tricky fish. Mine never ate frozen but was constantly grazing on the rocks, lasted about 6 weeks before it disappeared.

I got to the shop when i was picking it up the rainfordi goby and it was skinny and didnt look like it was eating, hence i swapped it out for the hi fin red banded goby.

But the Rainfordi was $65 as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bout time for an update and a few photos now that the tank is 5 months old.

Ive recently made a few changes to this tank, mainly so I don't loose interest in it and try reduce my maintenance, also trying to keep this tank simple.

1. First up ive removed the dosing pump, so im no longer dosing ALK, CA, MG or nopox
  2. Removed the RW4 power head. I am now using the Jeabo DC2000 return pump to provide all flow, its capable of 2000L per hour, Thats heaps of flow for a 50 Litre tank.
  3. I've removed the skimmer.
  4. I've added some cheato in place of the skimmer, although its not currently lit up with anything, soon it will be.

Ive been running this setup now for the past two months and things are doing pretty well.

Maintenance now consists of a weekly 20L water change with Red Sea Coral Pro, changing of the filter floss and give the sand a quick stir up. roughly have to clean the glass every two weeks.

0B0C666E-2620-49AA-8FF7-21611BA49C43.jpg

EE0EA40C-94E0-4BC4-8E41-32A9142712F8.jpg

These guys will be getting a BTA soon as they are getting pretty stung trying to host the torch corals.

0942FBE0-F0A2-492C-AFC2-0E8508FB6287.jpg

0253E86B-CF49-4919-A9FC-CADBDF9C1274.jpg

pappadumplingz

Everything is looking really good, love that frogspawn. Going to New Zealand on a mountain biking came next year, maybe I'll see you.

This is a great looking tank.....great colors, love the torch and clowns.

Cheers Jack

Everything is looking really good, love that frogspawn. Going to New Zealand on a mountain biking came next year, maybe I'll see you.

The frogspawn and hammers are recovering after being in the other tank while the crash happened, managed to pull them out in time. So they are a bit pale.

MTB, south island or north?

Archived