Coral Vue Hydros

Is my coral going to die?

10GalReef

The guy at my LFS sold me this very unhealthy torch coral. He didn't even know what kind of coral it was!!! I just assumed it's a torch. Me being a noob I had no idea there was such thing as brown jelly disease. It was covered in the stuff. I ended up blowing the stuff away with a turkey baster. He extended his tentacles for the first 5 days and then shriveled and never looked the same. My water parameters are all in check. Today i noticed the top left corner is showing some skeleton. What should I do now? Is it dying? Leave it be or get rid of it? Can it infect my xenia and zoas?

post-91227-0-77636300-1463159557_thumb.jpg

I don't know if it will help but I would try an iodine dip (I use Povidone iodine from drugstore). Use tank water in a bowl, add and stir iodine til it is the color of weak tea and dip 3 to 5 min. Rinse with clean tank water and place in a low flow area

It shouldn't affect anything but LPS.

I agree with Newstead. Keep an eye on it. If it starts to RTN, yank it. I had a torch RTN over night and the tentacles that blew off landed on my acan garden and stung the hell out of them.

Archived