SaltCritters.com

Lighting a 6.2 gal tank

jstuver

So I bought this little tank to do fresh water but I am really thinking that I just want to turn it into a saltwater macro/softy tank with the option to maybe have rock flower anemones. Right now it has a finnex planted plus clip on but I know that won't be enough once I add more than the macros so, my question is what light? I would prefer to stay around $100 but might consider going to $150.
Dimensions of tank:

17.5" long

9.75" tall

8.25" front to back plus a small bowfront to the front
DF6756C5-42AE-436C-99E4-5B98C6CBCE65_zps

I got that tank. I use a nanobox mini tide over it but that's out of your budget.

The micmol that Matteo suggested will work.

Micmol aquapro color

Looks like they run about $200 but I'll look into it

I got that tank. I use a nanobox mini tide over it but that's out of your budget.

The micmol that Matteo suggested will work.

Have any pics of what it looks like over it?

Have any pics of what it looks like over it?

IMG_20151107_185347_zps6aml20ex.jpg

IMG_20151107_185340_zpsdegouavk.jpg

These are older shots. I can never get the color right.

IMG_20151107_185347_zps6aml20ex.jpg

IMG_20151107_185340_zpsdegouavk.jpg

These are older shots. I can never get the color right.

Thank you. Is it really blue or just throws that color in a photo because it's LED?

Micmol is only 130

Ah you had said aquapro so I figured you meant the pro version not the mini. I will look into it. Thanks

Yay Jackie!!!!!!!

You can go with a coral compulsion par bulb or another type of par bulb for that matter. Definitely inexpensive! And will have enough light for what you're looking to do. Or look through used and you can probably find something as well! I like the AI Prime suggestion or the AI Nano is another option. Razor Nano as well. Any of those used should be in your price range.

I just realized it was a Petco Arc! I have one of those! I do not have it running right now, but I had a Razor Nano hung over it. It's narrow so you just have to make sure whatever mount you are using gives you enough adjustability to get the light over the center. I had that problem with the Razor mount (that's what I ran over it) and needed to mount it to the table actually. But the gooseneck with par bulbs or other lights, you shouldn't have a problem.

Yay Jackie!!!!!!!

You can go with a coral compulsion par bulb or another type of par bulb for that matter. Definitely inexpensive! And will have enough light for what you're looking to do. Or look through used and you can probably find something as well! I like the AI Prime suggestion or the AI Nano is another option. Razor Nano as well. Any of those used should be in your price range.

I just realized it was a Petco Arc! I have one of those! I do not have it running right now, but I had a Razor Nano hung over it. It's narrow so you just have to make sure whatever mount you are using gives you enough adjustability to get the light over the center. I had that problem with the Razor mount (that's what I ran over it) and needed to mount it to the table actually. But the gooseneck with par bulbs or other lights, you shouldn't have a problem.

Yeah I'm loving the little tank but not loving the fresh water plus I keep killing the guppies lol. Thanks for all the suggestions!

I have the same tank and I use a used AI prime that I got for $150.

Thanks for the suggestion:)

Poor guppies. Mine keep having sex if you live around me you can have some babies. :)

Yeah I'm loving the little tank but not loving the fresh water plus I keep killing the guppies lol. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Thanks for the suggestion:)

Poor guppies. Mine keep having sex if you live around me you can have some babies. :)

Haha I have all males so I don't have a bunch of babies:)

Cencalfishguy56

Haha I have all males so I don't have a bunch of babies:)

i use a finnex marine+ for my fuge but have had a toadstool and Zoas under it before that did well
Cencalfishguy56

Anyone have experience with the Aquamaxx nemolight nano?

ive heard nothing but great things about that light! And the fact that it's $100 shut up and take my money! I'd go with that light to be honest hands down!!

Archived