SaltCritters.com

Do You Have Ideas for an iOS App?

nickkohrn

Hello everyone,

I have been out of the hobby since 2008, but last night I decided to get back into the hobby. I ordered supplies to get started, and I cannot wait to start cycling my tank!

I'm an iOS developer looking to build an app for hobbyists, and I am curious as to what others want in an app. If you have suggestions, please, let me know so that I can get a good grasp of the needs of the community since many things have changed. I would love to build something awesome for you that helps make the hobby more enjoyable!

Thanks!

HarryPotter

I would like a simple app that just tracks parameters you enter and graphs them. Let them be customizable in color and/or name- so "Calcium", etc, with option of making your own names.

I know some exist but they're too complicated

ClownfishReefer

I would like a simple app that just tracks parameters you enter and graphs them. Let them be customizable in color and/or name- so "Calcium", etc, with option of making your own names.

I know some exist but they're too complicated

try aquatic log :)

try aquatic log :)

Does this app require you to configure your tanks online? I had to sign up for an account and couldn't configure a tank through the app.

I'm looking to integrate with iCloud so that there's no user-facing authentication. The downside to my approach is that it will be iOS-only from the start, and probably for a long time, as I only develop for iOS. However, it will have the ability to export information such as measurements.

Hard to say. Most reef controllers today already have apps and same with lighting (AI and bluefish)

The biggest reason that I am working on an app for logging tank information is for those of us that don't use controllers currently. As I am looking to getting one soon, I still would enjoy having the information aggregated into one app. It won't have the ability to control equipment or anything; it will be for information input and retrieval.

Archived