inTank Media Baskets

Tristan's Reefer Nano

TristanC

Alright guys I went with kpaquatics after all. Rock is scheduled to be shipped Monday for a Tuesday delivery. I can wait to get this thing going.

Good luck! Mine comes tomorrow :)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice!! I'll be watching your thread for pictures.

I sent payment too late for it to be shipped today or mine would have been too :(

So I spent some money today... I bought a Cannon T5 dslr off of amazon. I used to use my ex's t3i and since she isn't around anymore I decided to pick one up. Im excited to have a nice camera again, not only for the reef but for general use as well.

Ive been playing with my new camera, I have alot to learn haha. I also took the time to reroute and organize all the wires in the stand, heres a few pictures.

bQfcKvt.jpg

mbL42DN.jpg

fSdHitw.jpg

olIvbqk.jpg

Fun0jrY.jpg

Looks great! I like the look of the tank with the new camera. The organization underneath looks really nice, too. :)

Looks great! I like the look of the tank with the new camera. The organization underneath looks really nice, too. :)

Thank you, I still want to get the wires behind the tank a little more organized but it's looking better.

Nice choice on camera! Looking forward to more pics.

Can't wait for Tuesday to come :P

Thanks! I like it a lot, I just need a lot more practice.

I know!! I can't wait...

Live rock from KP Aquatics came today and all I can say is WOW! The rock is by far the nicest I have ever seen. I had a few dead inverts in the box and on top of the rock, a couple crabs, an urchin, and a baby mantis shrimp. The rock is covered in orange, purple, pink algae, I am extremely happy I went with them.

ekFccPL.jpg

iuUXS5J.jpg

CiFEjaY.jpg

ToJyycu.jpg

WmIQ5O6.jpg

What I came up with, I like it alot but I may play with it some more. Its cloudy but you get the idea.

9RVTniQ.jpg

9RVTniQ.jpg

I'm a sucker for these kind of aquascapes. I love islands. It gives such a nice look of depth, and it makes the tank seem bigger than it is. Good work!

how much did you order?

I went with 15lbs, I probably should have ordered 20 but the 15 works.

I'm a sucker for these kind of aquaecapes. I love islands. It gives such a nice look of depth and makes the tank seem bigger than it is. Good work!

Thank you! I agree with you, from the beginning I've been planning a two island look.

Looks great! I'm glad you like the KPA rock, I was very happy with mine too. :)

I love it, I couldn't believe how fresh it was. I look forward to all the interesting things I find as time goes on.

Red_Blenny

WmIQ5O6.jpg

Orange coralline? That's sexy.

Live rock from KP Aquatics came today and all I can say is WOW! The rock is by far the nicest I have ever seen. I had a few dead inverts in the box and on top of the rock, a couple crabs, an urchin, and a baby mantis shrimp. The rock is covered in orange, purple, pink algae, I am extremely happy I went with them.

Any pics of the mantis?

Orange coralline? That's sexy.

Any pics of the mantis?

Unfortunately no, I was trying to minimize the amount of time the rock was out of water so I didn't have a chance to get the mantis... It was small, about 1.5", and very dark green.

Was the mantis, urchin etc alive or dos they die?

Everything was dead when I found them as they were either on the bottom of the bag or on top of the rock.

I can already see worms in the sand and a few other things moving around so who knows what the rock holds haha

what type of rock did you buy (cured, uncured, partially cured?) and what type of shipping did you use?

what type of rock did you buy (cured, uncured, partially cured?) and what type of shipping did you use?

I went with the uncured live rock and had it overnighted, shipping cost was pretty rough but worth it.

So sweet. The colours are amazing, here's to hoping they stay that way.

Now that you have your rocks cape (which looks rad BTW) have you figured out any plans or ideas for coral placements?

So sweet. The colours are amazing, here's to hoping they stay that way.

Now that you have your rocks cape (which looks rad BTW) have you figured out any plans or ideas for coral placements?

Thanks man. Some of the colors have dulled a little bit since they've been in my tank but I'm thinking it will all come back with time. I've been messing with the aquascape constantly trying to get it just how I want it, I figure now is the best time.

As for the coral I'd really like to give more sps a try, I've had a few frags here and there but never really got anywhere. I'm also planning of keeping an anemone down the line, I have a nice little cave set aside for it when the time is right. Other than that I'm looking at making it as diverse as possible.

Welcome to the reefer club

Thank you!

Let me know what you guys think of the new aquascape, pretty much just brought the left rock down a little bit to allow more surface area for coral placement. Also took some pictures of the life starting to pop up on the rocks. Im doing daily water changes to keep the cycle soft so I can preserve as much life as possible.

GAdYhDU.jpg

ML7T5JK.jpg

r4aOwkZ.jpg

WnYvTmK.jpg

Archived